Has anyone had success in selling their property through Gumtree advertisement?

I know for private selling, most people would go on domain.com.au or realestate.com.au etc and is quite effective since alot of buyers go through those 2 main websites anyways

What about gumtree advertisement site? Anyone sold their property succesfully selling through this considering the large amount? I know certainly, it is effective for advertising in terms of renting properties in Gumtree

Share your thoughts!

I think that advertising a property is easy and you could do it online with little fuss. The challenges with selling your home mainly come around doing inspections, correct pricing, contracts and most importantly negotiations.

For this reason I'd honestly recommend on using a local agent every time. Otherwise you could find yourself getting bulldozed in negotiations by professional buyers.

Yeah I know what you mean. Most common is that they go through agents and advertise realestate.com.au, domain.com.au whether it is by agents or by privately.

What I was asking is there anyone who had succesfully sold their property advertised by gumtree? Because you can see ads flooding there but you don't know the success rate, no?

Why don't you put it on gumtree & see?

Don't be tight use a real estate agent, they are there for a reason to negotiate for you, to market it for you and best of all try and get you the best possible price.

It's bit of a win win situation isn't it?

I was about to say that gumtree seems to have lots of vendor finance/rent to own properties :)

Indeed, even in Adelaide, where this isn't legal AFAIK...

Couple properties are 750k+, would like to know the story behind that. Same person with 10-15 properties always on the go.

I look in Gumtree at For Sales to see what else if for sale. I see some private sales but I'm also seeing REAs advertising in there now as well.

Back