Has anyone run a marathon?

pinkboy - good to know that we finally tempted you to post. Welcome!! Look forward to more posts, even if they're about marathons and ironmans :)

Still suffering from severe DOMS.

Thanks. Frequent several forums, post a little, but the knowledge is in the reading and listening!

Only done marathons on the back of Ironmans, never a stand alone marathon. I suspect I know Mooze who has posted above, but from Triathlon forum and race circles. Good to see a familiar face!

Forget DOMS....second day syndrome is worse!

pinkboy

Thanks. Frequent several forums, post a little, but the knowledge is in the reading and listening!

Only done marathons on the back of Ironmans, never a stand alone marathon. I suspect I know Mooze who has posted above, but from Triathlon forum and race circles. Good to see a familiar face!

Forget DOMS....second day syndrome is worse!

pinkboy

Hey pinkboy

Was you're 1st Ironman in 2002 or 2003?

Cheers

Pete

Well done all who did Melb Mara :) awesome acheivement

Pinky - would there be any other Mooze? :p You'll be able to contribute a fair bit around here based on how far you've come since you started - way further along then me! Good luck in Texas

I'm hopefully headed to Singapore in March for 1/2 Ironman. But have over 15 events to manage or work at before that - hopefully will train via osmosis! :D

Well done all who did Melb Mara :) awesome acheivement

Pinky - would there be any other Mooze? :p You'll be able to contribute a fair bit around here based on how far you've come since you started - way further along then me! Good luck in Texas

I'm hopefully headed to Singapore in March for 1/2 Ironman. But have over 15 events to manage or work at before that - hopefully will train via osmosis! :D

No, there really is only 1 Mooze ;)! Thanks mate.

I have crammed a fair bit in 28 years, so hopefully I can share a little experience in PI, fitness, leisure, business etc.

I did 1 swim, 1 run, 1 ride per week for about 8 weeks before Yeppoon, and I improved 50min on last year with no training. Still a far cry from full time training/part time work of the early naughties when racing properly. So you have plenty of time between now and March!

Good luck with all your events....if you ever run an m&m eating competition - Im in!

pinkboy

Hi Pete (which Pete?)

2002 was the first year I did Forster!

2012 Im booked in to do IM Texas! Not a bad way to celebrate #10 I think!

pinkboy

Hi pinkboy

2002 was also my 1st Foster(no. 230), then did '03 and Busso in 2008.

My daughter was born in 2003 which stopped me for '04, retired from work and had a holiday in the U.K. for '05 and '06.

Had a cartilage out of a knee 42 years ago, limiting what I can do now.

You have to put a photo of pinkboy for your avatar:p

Good luck with Texas.

Cheers

Pete

Back