Has anyone used Property Investment Calculator?

Has anyone used Property Investment Calculator?

http://www.propertyinvestmentsoftware.com.au/

My wife thinks my spreadsheets are a bit over the top and difficult to use.

She has found this easy to use program and I have had a look in demo mode.

A couple of things I would like to change is extending the forecast to 20 or even 25 years. Its default is 10 years and I am looking further than that with our investments.

The main things we need are a yearly summary for each property, projections in capital growth / equity and cash flow, which it seems to do.

I am interested if anyone here has used this software and their thoughts, or if another program is recommended.

I was looking at this before and didn't bother in the end, but at the current sale price it looks like a steal!

When you demo'd it, did you notice if it doubles up as a property tracker? As in, does it have a report that you can spit out each year for your tax returns?

I was looking at this before and didn't bother in the end, but at the current sale price it looks like a steal!

When you demo'd it, did you notice if it doubles up as a property tracker? As in, does it have a report that you can spit out each year for your tax returns?

I don't think it does and this is something I am after. It seems to only do projections making very similar to the somersoft program.:mad:

I really want a program that does all of this as well as realy time cashflow and real time capital growth.

I just downloaded the trail, you're right. It's purely analysis.

It's only $29 at the moment, and when I clicked thorugh it also put a discount code on making it $19!

I'm almost tempted to buy it anyway at that price.

I'll have another play with it later, if anything just to test my own spreadsheets against it so see if I've done mine right.

Makes you wonder why it's so cheap at the moment. The depreciaition calc is provided by Washington Brown, who seem to have their own free software now on a site called http://www.4sale4investors.com.au/

I haven't registered or tried it but wonder if it is similar and this mob are trying to get as much cash in as poss before the product is effectively defunct?

OK, just tried the free one on the above link. It's web based and very basic, but does the job I suppose.

I'm going to pull the pin on the $19 whilst it's cheap.

Does anyone know a good program that does the projections as well as cashflow management? All in one basically.

Been playing with this a bit this arvo, looks pretty good. It was worth the $19 just to confirm my spreadsheet calcs were right!

I noticed there's a greyed out tab on the main page called "Portfolio Tracker", I wonder if this is for a future plug-in for tracking expenses?

There's nothing on their website about it, I've shot them an e-mail and asked. I'll update here if anything comes back.

Been playing with this a bit this arvo, looks pretty good. It was worth the $19 just to confirm my spreadsheet calcs were right!

I noticed there's a greyed out tab on the main page called "Portfolio Tracker", I wonder if this is for a future plug-in for tracking expenses?

There's nothing on their website about it, I've shot them an e-mail and asked. I'll update here if anything comes back.

I emailed them as well asking is the forecast can be 20 or 25 years. 10 is a bit too short for me.

I just downloaded the trail, you're right. It's purely analysis.

It's only $29 at the moment, and when I clicked thorugh it also put a discount code on making it $19!

I'm almost tempted to buy it anyway at that price.

I'll have another play with it later, if anything just to test my own spreadsheets against it so see if I've done mine right.

Makes you wonder why it's so cheap at the moment. The depreciaition calc is provided by Washington Brown, who seem to have their own free software now on a site called http://www.4sale4investors.com.au/

I haven't registered or tried it but wonder if it is similar and this mob are trying to get as much cash in as poss before the product is effectively defunct?

Hi

Do you remember the discount code?

Regards

Back