• Yes

Votes: 121 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I've been to NZ

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love to travel but I also like the comforts of a nice home. I will get the travel bug soon and take off somewhere. I have only been to NZ and the Philippines. I enjoyed the Philippines on my first visit for a few weeks to a island with beautiful sunsets on the beach etc. Last time I went to another island called Cebu, I stayed for 6 months as I have a fiancee there but I never liked Cebu that much. There are some nice places there but you need to go to the remote islands and only for a few weeks othewise it gets tiring with all the pollution and poverty in the cities.

I plan to go to Europe next along with the USA and then other parts of Asia.

I've been to rafting and diving in North Sulawesi and the usual places in Indo, Bali, Lombok, Gili Islands, etc, all through the Solomon Islands by boat and plane, trekking and rafting the Himalayas in Nepal, motor biked around Sri Lanka, mountains and Islands of Malaysia, entire coast of Vietnam, China, driven across the Middle East, Driven across the Wahiba Sands from Oman to Salalah, USA, England, Germany, Portugal, Singapore, Thailand, India, Egypt and others.

My favourite tropical beach place is Thailand and Goa in India

Favourite European Countries - Germany & UK

Favourite Middle East Countries - Fun times = Dubai, Interesting = Oman,

Best diving = Solomons, North Sulawesi and Maldives

If I had the money to d it now,

Greece, again, & won't be the last time either, then France, Italy, everyone reckons Spain & Portugal too... Germany and England must be worth a vist going by that theory too, maybe that' senough for one trip... (in this fantasy, there is plenty of time) .. see what French wine, champagne cheese & bread are all about, visit friends relatives have made in their town with grapevines in Champagne, The Louvre and the high end life... Then Italy.. what's so good about fresh mozarella and how exactly parmegianno regiano is different from parmagianna grano ? find the best espresso..and wine !... soak up the passion of the people & the culture (France too).... siestas.... even see an opera maybe damit ...Shop till I drop, including gifts which I love buying, I can't give someone a keyring, and if I love ya, I usually can't stop at one gift either...

That would do it, but it would be expensive, can't stay in backpapackers with the 2000 euro bouzouki which I'd buy in Greece and get lessons to play it form an experienced master... then go and play at leisure on islands soaking up the sun, ouzo and octopus & squid mezedes (entrees) and in the village overlooking the hills & mountains with relatives...see ancient theatre performed under the stars and the the Acropolis, see a concert at the Great Music Hall in Athens/Thessaloniki

Often the best bits are the hidden jewels you discover when looking for something else, or when you don't think you will be doing anything too exciting.

Holidays are good.

i'm saving all my super fancy travelling for later in life. Kids are only a couple of years away for me, so pouring all my hard earned money on extravegant holidays would be folly to me.

That said, i've still had plenty of good travels and holidays in my time.
When i was younger:
- canada (montreal, quebec city, banff and the skiing the rocky mountains)
- germany (visiting family in munich)
- england (visting family all over)
- USA (did one of those 4 week camping tours all around the western states... was awesome, totally unforgettable.)

In more recent life:
- lived in Colorado, skiing solid for 3 months (highly recommended for any skiier/snowboarder)
- Thailand 3 times... it is the king of budget holidays for an aussie
- hong kong, china, taiwan (all for work, but seen enough of them)

Coming up soon:
- honeymoon!! Staying in Cancun (mexico), then miami, then a 7 night cruise around east caribbean on the Oasis of the Seas
- planning a trip to Boracay island, philippines, later this year after a work trip to hong kong. Flying the wife to hong kong for free on freq.flier miles, staying there a couple of days to show her hong kong, then it's only $250each return to get from hong kong to boracay island.... sweet budget holidays!

These days im all about bang for buck - hence why i do so many holidays in se asia (mainly thailand).

Yea a lot of the travelling was when I was younger though. These days I only restrict my travelling to the same places as I just want to visit friends & relatives.

My top destinations are usually (ie every say 7-8 months):
- Hong Kong
- Singapore
- Shanghai

Then the once every 2-3 years, I would go to places like:
- Sth Koera(ie Seoul)
- Japan (ie Tokyo)
- Rest of China (in last 3-4 years been to Hangzhou, Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Nanjing, Suzhou, Harbin, Qingdao, Jinan, Shenzhen and some other random places)

Then there's the places I'd go every say 5-6 years which are usually:
- UK (last went to London in 08 I think)
- NZ (Auckland + Christchurch, just for fishing usually)

The rest of the places I've only been once or twice at most and a lot was travelling with my parents when I was young, eg:
- Italy (Florence, Sicily, Rome)
- France (Paris)
- Canada (only been once Vancouver, Toronto years ago)
- USA (only been once, went to NYC and LA)
- Turkey (Istanbul)
- Greece (Athens)
- Portugal (Lisbon)
- Spain (Barcelona + Madrid)
- Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt etc)
- Sth East Asia (eg Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia)

I'm hoping to either do a trip in Sth America or Africa later this year. Another place I really want to go to but haven't is Moscow. Have a few friends there when I was sent to work briefly in London... absolutely amazing oligarchy place.

Travel is a true passion of mine.

It's one of the main reasons I got into PI.

All self funded, no trips with Mum and Dad, 30 countries now.

Every place was memorable in their own way.

Favourites include:
Thailand (3 times)
Japan (3 times)
Brazil (and South America in general)
Italy (food and culture)

I know it's not cool to say this, but I think India is still a few years away yet before I'd recommend friends to go there. Goa was good. I did however spend half of my time living hard with my friends who live there. Frequent power outages, problems with dampness, moldy mattresses, ants, etc. We've got it so good here.

Still like to see:
Middle / South / East coast USA
Canada
Scandinavia
Russia

Back