Have you ever wondered how Bob Brown got elected

Established powers. Do you really see the US/China/Russia power block giving up any of their power?

Let's say the US endorses a World Parliament and everyone but China and Russia falls in line. Would love to see how they take power from China/Russia. Perhaps impose a trade embargo? But then Europe will fall overnight due to lack of gas from Russia.

I live in Warringah. I was one of the 2,075 people that voted that way.

I could not bring myself to vote for Abbott as I am opposed to much of what he stands for. The Greens annoy me as they are too idealistic and too prescreptive in their approach, and the ALP did not deserve my vote. Proudly voted for them in 07 though. The only other party was the Australian Secular Party.

I'm sorry if you disagree with the fundamental principles of democracy.

Seeing your first preference was an irrelevant vote, what was your second preference?

Still think you got a "democratic choice" that was neither ALP nor Coalition?

I think the CSG issue will see a bit of a swing to the Greens as Farmers vote against the coalition... I wouldnt be surprised if we see Bob become PM
fighting0092.gif

Seeing your first preference was an irrelevant vote, what was your second preference?

Still think you got a "democratic choice" that was neither ALP nor Coalition?

I honestly can't remember how I directed my preferences.

Compulsory voting is a whole separate issue...

You do know you can direct your own preferences, right?

Or is it just the typical lazy she'll be right approach that then leads to whingeing and moaning when the party of your preference directs your preferences in a way you don't want?

by voting below the line?

yes yes, been preaching for years to all the ignoramii out there who still dont listen.

me, personally, i'm unenrolled to vote. red or blue, it's the same bullsheet.

Ideo:

Just some idle musings I guess.

...but interesting idle musings, thanks for going to trouble of posting them.

Deltaberry:

Grandiose statements?

Even more...

Some Idealists hold certain contentions that they put forth dramatically..

I'm reasonably certain Bob is of an Idealist temperament, an attentive Idealist, mostly likely the Diplomatic Contender.."hold one's ground, hang onto one's position, stick to one's intention, tend to one's business, stay the course, in a word, be tenacious". With great strength of conviction and enduring devotion to [----] cause(s).

Also the most visionary, most imaginative of the Idealists.

*Descriptive of Idealist temperament from 'Personology' by Professor David West Keirsey

I'm a right wing conservative and Fred Nile scares me more than the Carbon Tax and everything else the current government does which squanders our wealth.

He doesnt really scare me, it's more like he embarrasses me.

What part scares you Dan and nan?

Bob Brown's support for a world parliament

Brown does believe (as do I) that at a later stage, a world parliament could have significant powers

If we had a global parliament that could help to establish global banks regulations, such problems could be solved.

I guess these are the real reasons behind carbon tax, not a genuine fear for the environment.

OO doesn't this idea of one controlling global body concern you at all?

Brown does believe (as do I) that at a later stage, a world parliament could have significant powers

If we had a global parliament that could help to establish global banks regulations, such problems could be solved.

I guess these are the real reasons behind carbon tax, not a genuine fear for the environment.

No.

But then I'm also not worried about those other crackpot new work order conspiracies.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure what it was that was so scary for you.

Dan and nan, it's the first I've ever read about a 'Global Parliament', I haven't had enough time available to learn about it, the people involved, the concept behind the statement/idea...I'm not a person that scares or carries fear, but I do try to understand 'things/life/people/stuff' better before deciding ...on this specifically, I just don't have enough info to make a sound judgment or even give an opinion.

It would be great to hear Bob expound upon the reasoning behind it, and also it would be great to hear a knowledgeable, informed opposition for cons against it...thanks again to Ideo, food for thought! Logical and practical food for thought.

Just on Bob Brown, I don't harbor the disdain for him that some people seem to have, I think he is an interesting and intelligent man, has some good ideas, and also maybe, some not so useful...I don't have fear or hatred toward him at all. Just my nature, I don't have fear, I don't tend to hate people. But I was interested why you were fearful. You have explained. And thanks.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure what it was that was so scary for you.

Dan and nan, it's the first I've ever read about a 'Global Parliament', I haven't had enough time available to learn about it, the people involved, the concept behind the statement/idea...I'm not a person that scares or carries fear, but I do try to understand 'things/life/people/stuff' better before deciding ...on this specifically, I just don't have enough info to make a sound judgment or even give an opinion.

It would be great to hear Bob expound upon the reasoning behind it, and also it would be great to hear a knowledgeable, informed opposition for cons against it...thanks again to Ideo, food for thought! Logical and practical food for thought.

Just on Bob Brown, I don't harbor the disdain for him that some people seem to have, I think he is an interesting and intelligent man, has some good ideas, and also maybe, some not so useful...I don't have fear or hatred toward him at all. Just my nature, I don't have fear, I don't tend to hate people. But I was interested why you were fearful. You have explained. And thanks.

I thought I might have been leaving myself open for ridicule from my post. It is exactly the fear of the unknown. Perhaps if I educated myself more then I would find there is nothing to fear.

I am not one for conspiracy theories however I did watch zeitgeist recently. Even though alot of it I already knew, I didn't know how the money system worked and it is an eye opener. The people making those videos would have an agenda as well.

I have been reading some of your posts, you certainly get yourself informed before posting, unlike me. I like to shoot my mouth off then regret it later. I dont hate BB either, I am not sure whether I like him though. We do tend to form opinions of these public figures without really knowing them, just their image. Hate is something we can do with less thats for sure.

By the way it is Dan on here, Nan just gets the summarised somersoft adventure story. The knowledge base on here is wonderful, I have learnt a great deal since joining.

I thought I might have been leaving myself open for ridicule from my post. It is exactly the fear of the unknown. Perhaps if I educated myself more then I would find there is nothing to fear.

I am not one for conspiracy theories however I did watch zeitgeist recently. Even though alot of it I already knew, I didn't know how the money system worked and it is an eye opener. The people making those videos would have an agenda as well.

I have been reading some of your posts, you certainly get yourself informed before posting, unlike me. I like to shoot my mouth off then regret it later. I dont hate BB either, I am not sure whether I like him though. We do tend to form opinions of these public figures without really knowing them, just their image. Hate is something we can do with less thats for sure.

By the way it is Dan on here, Nan just gets the summarised somersoft adventure story. The knowledge base on here is wonderful, I have learnt a great deal since joining.

Good stuff Dan...life is never dull eh. Always something or other going on!

As opposed to the dole bludgers and lazy whinging union members who support the Labor party...? :D:D
Might be a good time for Mr Brown to play the power game,as Miss Gillard has not done what she said she would do again,:),and several Unions in Qld don't agree with what Labor has done in Qld,early March it will be all over..

Back