HDT News

All

Some very exciting news being released next week about MGS Hybrid Trusts. I think a lot will be shocked but awesome news.

Got a letter from C Batten today that he applied for a private ruling in July 2010 and got the result recently that "a full deduction is available for the interest claimed by the SIU.
Yippy !!
The deed needs to be amended though (see your accountant).

It was very carefully worded though and he did mention it applied to his situation and not everyone may have the same situation.

Funnily enough my wife received the letter at home addressed to her.

It was very carefully worded though and he did mention it applied to his situation and not everyone may have the same situation.

Funnily enough my wife received the letter at home addressed to her.

Chris Batten suggested (in the letter) that he can provide the necessary amendment. Didn't mention the cost but I guess it should be done.

Cheers,

Bazza

I've seen the private ruling. I believe it will be on the register towards end of May 2011. However it is worth waiting as something else is happening which will be better than a private ruling.

I've seen the private ruling. I believe it will be on the register towards end of May 2011. However it is worth waiting as something else is happening which will be better than a private ruling.

Would it be worth the while of holders of Macquarie's HDT deeds to ask Macquarie for a review and possible amendment? How do we go about doing it? Who is the go in between in the ACT region?

Your a trust teaser Mike! come on, tell us some more.

Got a letter from C Batten today that he applied for a private ruling in July 2010 and got the result recently that "a full deduction is available for the interest claimed by the SIU.
Yippy !!
The deed needs to be amended though (see your accountant).

I also received that letter from MGS today with the front page of the ruling. The other 3 pages are not included and the ruling numbers are blank so it is impossible to see the full circumstances of the question originally asked.

Keen to hear what's happening with this.

Rolf, Agreed. NAB still do mine although I wouldn't mind having another lender as a backup.

How much are MGS charging for the amendment?

I can't see any prices listed, and would imagine it would depend on the deed being amended. If they are unfamiliar with the deed (eg another company's deed) then they would have to read it and then tailor an amendment. So I imagine this would cost more than if they were amending their own deeds.

I bought a Toyota 4wd some years ago.

As defects in design became obvious, there were free product recalls for corrective modifications ... even 10 years after release !!

Many people purchased HDT deeds on the basis that it could do many wonderful things that such vehicles were not designed to do, and seemed in direct contradiction with settled law on unit trusts concerning tax deductions for borrowings.

Cheers,

Rob

I can't see any prices listed, and would imagine it would depend on the deed being amended. If they are unfamiliar with the deed (eg another company's deed) then they would have to read it and then tailor an amendment. So I imagine this would cost more than if they were amending their own deeds.

Back