Internet Speeds since Netflix arrived

I had no problems with Netflix USA when I started using them in November last year.

Last 2 weeks i have noticed that from time to time, it needs to be rebuffered but not great inconvenience.

I am with TPG and so far so good. I have 500Gb plan with them and I am using nowhere near the limit even with me watching Netflix and my wife watching Asian TV via TvPad.

Eventually Netflix will win the local streaming war given they have their own content and have such strong muscle.

But surely Netflix is now the biggest reason why government should roll out NBN to each of the homes .....

Hi Sim,

As mentioned I have been contacting Internode and they reset the port for me and all is well again for a while.

Most of my problems occur around the same time each day so obviously something is causing it, no one will name names but I think it may be the local schools. We are a small area but with quite large schools and congestion usually happens around 8.30 to 9.00 in the morning.

The one big change in education is the vast number of devices in schools that now use the net around about that time. I have a theory that the schools enable their wifi, the class devices get turned on and at the same time other kids check their smart phones before going into classes.

Who knows, I don't and Internode don't know either, just funny that it is worse since Iinet was involved.

Back