Heavy Metal Parking Lot

pete_w said:
this is a short film (~15 minutes) made in 1986 featuring a bunch of people in the parking lot before a Judas Priest concert.

see it to believe it :)

http://www.planetkrulik.com/hmpl.htm
Have seen some wonderful sights attending different concerts over the years, especially KISS ones (you'd never have guessed eh). Crowds actually seem tamer these days as compared to the late 70's early 80's. Ah, the memories.

In reference to Judas Priest, they lost a lot of creed when vocalist Rob Halford came out of the closet about being gay.

Regards
Marty

yes ... not to be judgemental but i cant imagine many of the people in that carpark embracing gay pride.

judas priest was the first metal i heard, i was a big fan of rob. he was going to start up a metal school or something, dont know what happened to that. i remember judas priest being hard as nails, but listening to the songs in the movie it sounds fairly tame now. was a big fan of kiss too (still am) but im a little over rock these days.

kissfan said:
In reference to Judas Priest, they lost a lot of creed when vocalist Rob Halford came out of the closet about being gay.

I dunno about that Marty. A lot of people I know that a big fans of Judas Priest were really really happy to hear of Rob's return to JP, gay or straight. I actually was surprised that the reaction to his coming out was as quiet as it was (as I perceived it). But then again, it wasn't exactly rocket science to figure out years ago that he was gay anyway, hahahhahaha.

Hey Marty,
have always been meaning to ask why you use "Kissfan", I assumed you were a kiss fan as I am but, but wondered if you were a fan of the term "KISS" in the book Rich Dad Poor Dad, "Keep It Simple Stupid" as I am. LOL

Regards
John

Question Answered,
so it was the business side of Gene Simmons, not the "Made for lovin you baby" & "I want to rock and roll all night", that did it. For me it was the made for lovin & rock and roll all night.

LOL
John.

Brizzy Boy said:
Question Answered,
so it was the business side of Gene Simmons, not the "Made for lovin you baby" & "I want to rock and roll all night", that did it. For me it was the made for lovin & rock and roll all night.

LOL
John.
Hi John.

Originally it was the music side, and still is. I saw KISS last year on their tour at Syd Superdome and the next night at Enmore for the "IN Your Face" gig, was actually front row for both shows.During the 70's, I was a massive fan and had a lot of memorabilia which would be worth a fortune now (if only I could find it all). Later on in life I realised how smart and successful Gene Simmons is on the business side of things. Among some of his achievements are; discovered Van Halen, managed Liza Minelli, starred in numerous movies, whilst still being a member of KISS. He still manages different artists and is very active in many business aspects. A very driven and motivated man.

Regards
Marty

You ain't seen nothing till you've seen the greatest rock and roll band in the world... The Rolling Stones,... they make Kiss look like Kylie, even at 60 years of age ... unbelievable, and the play list; Brown Sugar/Sympathy for the Devil/Satisfaction/Little Red Rooster/Mothers Little Helper/Midnight Rambler/Street Fighting Man/Jumpin Jack Flash/Honky Tonk Women/Gimme Shelter/Its Only Rock'nRoll/Ruby Tuesday/Paint it Black/... that is .1% of the repertoire, you guys haven't heard good music until you have taken a Stones concert in... you must be dreamin'. Heavy Metal, seriously, isn't that enviromentally a hazard? Fancy putting Kiss in the same class as Led Zeppelin, anyway?
Reelin' and a Rockin' Curtis.
PS Special mention and commendation to The Doors, and that funny little english group The Beatles...for activities achieved... but no longer wuth us.

Wow, Redcurtis, ease up on the aggression.

My OLDER sister also loves the stones and I guess it's always a matter of opinion. The bands you mentioned have also earned their place in rock'n'roll history. The Beatles actually inspired KISS (among others) and then KISS went on to inspire many more.

Each to their own, I just feel privileged to have "gotten into" a band in their infancy and have had many years of enjoyable moments and memories as KISS have been fairly active in all that time. Sure there's a lot more to my life than music, and I definately do not want to debate who is the better, life's too short.

All the best
Marty

What's with these new bands, everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact."

-Homer Simpson

imo true :)

even though i wasnt born then, i really dig rock from the seventies. the stones, ccr, jefferson airplane, led zepplin, mainly folk rock but gee its awesome.

drugs should be legalized, its a fact ;)

Old and fiesty it seems...One of them grumpy ole men!
Apologies Marty, my sense of humour is ...subject to interpretation.. Kiss are fine, I was hanging it on you, should have left it in the cupboard.
Actually there is something about the leather and the tongue thing, it takes me to places... no no .... I'm only kidding. True... Do you like Elvis?

redcurtis said:
Old and fiesty it seems...One of them grumpy ole men!
Apologies Marty, my sense of humour is ...subject to interpretation.. Kiss are fine, I was hanging it on you, should have left it in the cupboard.
Actually there is something about the leather and the tongue thing, it takes me to places... no no .... I'm only kidding. True... Do you like Elvis?
Hi again Redcurtis.

Definately no apology required, no offence taken whatsoever.

Do I like Elvis?? He is the King isn't he. Sure I like Elvis. I mention KISS in different posts as they are definately my favourite band of all time, but I like a wide range of music from different genres. The last CD I played was actually Van Morrison, but as I said above I will listen to rock, blues, punk, jazz or even a combination, depends on my mood I suppose.

The only music I personally don't like is rap (is there a silent C) or hip-hop :( . I feel sorry for todays youth that listen primarily to this stuff as I feel they are not being inspired to actually pick up a musical instrument of any kind. Just my thoughts.

Regards
Marty

kissfan said:
I will listen to rock, blues, punk, jazz or even a combination, depends on my mood I suppose.

Marty

That's it, music is a very moody thing.
Some good thrashy punk can get you motivated and hyped to go and do stuff. Some nice blues, jazz, heavy rock, it all has it's place.

Met a bloke a few years ago who had what I call a normal music collection, some Van Halen, Stones, Doors, U2, etc, also some nostalgic stuff from the 80's and Claissical music, Mozart, etc.

I find as I've aged my musical taste has changed, I've become more open to other styles of music and it's great. Also like to add some of the one hit wonder bands have actually made 1 good song. Not many but a few.

cheers
quoll

see_change said:
Just out of nappies :)

I wouldn't be suprised to find out he thinks song 3 is a geriatric anthem.

See Change

I dont even know what song 3 is!

Im not that young anymore (except around here) sadly I just turned 25...

Back