HELP! Brainstorm for Venue Marketing Project

Hi,

I've been invited to attend a brain storming session this Saturday and was JUST emailed a list of items to consider as part of the marketing team.

Seeing as everyone here is quite creative, I was hoping you may be able to give me some ideas for the following items. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The background briefing for the Marketing and Promotions stream is as follows:

• The Martian Embassy is available for venue hire in the evenings and on Fridays and Saturdays. It has been hired for book launches, album launches, advertising pitches, and would be suitable for corporate brainstorming and other sessions. A website with the venue hire information is being developed now and should be ready in a month or so. How can we best promote this?

• We also run children's parties on Saturdays. Again, this will be on the new website. How can we best promote these?

• Cause marketing opportunities. Cause marketing is where a company considers that its brand has synergies with a charity and so does a marketing campaign where it pushes the charity but for profit reasons. For example, Coke branded Mount Franklin water with pink tops for breast cancer research. Could the SSF be involved in anything like this?

• We are holding a fundraising art exhibition in October called Judge a Book, Buy Its Cover, themed around children?s books. About 40 artists have donated works related to a children?s book, including Wendy Sharpe on Diary of a Wombat; Peter Kingston on The Magic Faraway Tree; Jasper Knight on Where the Wild Things Are. We also have a Brett Whiteley print and 2 Tim Storriers. The Westpac media team is doing PR pro-bono but how else can we spread the word?

• Virgin Australia have donated two return economy flights to either Hamilton Island or Melbourne to use as part of our art exhibition. Should we include these flights as part of the auction? What is the best, most creative way to use the free tickets?

• Which art lovers should we include on the invitation list for our corporate opening on 16th October?

Back