Help dealing with strata management company

Hi all

Firstly, very grumpy:mad:

We bought a townhouse in Robina late 2008, changed property managers Feb 2009. Naively thought my body corporate fees were being paid by the new PM. Come tax time realised the error and made contact straight away, due to the fact we'd moved we haven't been receiving any statements, notices etc.

The person I dealt with at the strata management company, specifically said to hold off paying the lump sum as due to the circumstances, interest may not be payable and she would send me the a current statement.

Received nothing...... sent an email again asking for an update....... still nothing.

But today got a notice pending legal action from their solictors. So question is do I have a case to push for not paying the interest till today considering they stuff me around and actually said to hold off.

I'd like to consider getting legal advice, about the whole thing, yes at the end of the day we need to pay, but it's mainly out of principle, (but I guess not at the expense of more penalties). But as well as being told to hold off for the time being, had the same mobile number for 10 years, person who has management rights of the complex should have had all our current contacts. So even though we moved, anyone with half a brain could find us.

Would like to stick it to them abit, cause crap service, being ignored and now legal action! But is it worth it?

Any ideas or recommendations....

Thanks
Stacey

ps, don't know if I'm allowed to mention that the crap strata title management companies name is Strata Title Management:p

How much are we talking about.

Well....... it's about $600 of interest. $3400 in bc fees and just over $600 in interest.

I know some would say it's not worth it, but I'd like to stand up to them and make a point (but obviously that's not worth thousands of extra dollars).

I owuld start by writing them a letter and outlining telephone conversations and what you were told, date etc. And see how you go with getting the interest forgiven.

Back