Help! Have no landlords insurance, where do I get it?

Provided you've got the building insured I don't think you really need additional "landlord insurance". I survived a long time without it, a few weeks rent loss or damage can be absorbed.

bad, bad idea.

Browse the rest of the forum for plenty of explanations and other peoples' horror stories.

Ebm

Hi all

Anyone in contact with BrettC?

i sent him a message the other day with a couple of queries about insurance and not heard back as yet :)

Hi Cindy,
Perhaps he's away?
Is his mobile number displayed on his profile?
If he hasn't replied in a couple of weeks, you can pm me and i will pm him for you and hopefully get a response.
Disclaimer: i am in no way connected to brettc. But i do know that he is on the ball in regards to answering insurance/ebm queries, so i am sure he will be able to answer yours.

I recommend Terri Scheer or EBM! We recommend them to all our landlords. When looking for insurance I suggest you look for something with accidental damage as some policies only cover malicious damage.

Hi all

Anyone in contact with BrettC?

i sent him a message the other day with a couple of queries about insurance and not heard back as yet :)

Sorry, I've been away most of the week brutalising my body at the Pan Pac Masters. I am just getting to messages now and will respond as best I can.

Rent Cover insurance -- platinum includes fire for defined risks Fire, storm , water. It's $1622

The Ultra does not include fire storm water damage. $345.

All other the same.

Poll: who has which form of cover?
Is it tax deductible?

Rent Cover insurance -- platinum includes fire for defined risks Fire, storm , water. It's $1622

The Ultra does not include fire storm water damage. $345.

All other the same.

Poll: who has which form of cover?
Is it tax deductible?

Sorry but that is completely incorrect.

RentCoverUltra definitely includes defined risks such as fire, storm and water damage. This applies to the landlords contents etc. (carpets, curtains, blinds, light fittings etc.) but not to the building, which would be covered by the Body Corporate Strata Building Policy for a unit/townhouse, or the building policy if it was a house and you chose two have two separate policies. The difference with RentCoverPlatinum is that it includes the building policy as well, essentially this would be the preferred option when insuring a house.

Back