help leaking roof!!

Just found out my roof is leaking today after a massive storm, its leaking out onto the veranda out the back...The place is only 5yrs old :mad:

Any one had to repair a leaking roof, if so what sort of costs and time did it take?

leaking roof

You need to find out where it is leaking from first.

I had what I thought to be a leaking roof on two occasions.

The first time it was leaf matter blocking the down pipes.

The second time it was that the builder had crimped closed two down pipe spouts that he had removed when he installed a verandah. The remaining spouts could not keep up in a heavy down pour.

Both instances were not actually leaks but water backing up in the gutters and spilling in to the eave space.

Firstly I would suggest that you get up on/in the roof and have a good look around.

You may be surprised what you find and how simply it can be fixed.

Last edited:
Hi

As Darren said it might not be so bad. We've had leaks in the house in odd places after storms and it was just water being blown in by horizontal rain. I keep my fingers crossed!

kaf

I just had an absolute flood when that huge downpour happened recently. My son got on to the roof to discover that when the antennae had been put up the join had been moved, he hammered it back down and now we have to get some roof sealant and hopefully all will be well.

As the others have said you need to get on roof and have a look.

Chris

Yeah i got my austar dish up near where its leaking, im currently working overseas atm so cant check it out myself, but im sending my old man around to take a gees at it dis arvo, my wife called me about it and was a bit worried bout it, so hope its as simple as loose bolt....

Yes same as mine - I had a satellite dish put in, followed by a huge antennae and its where they walked and put up the dish, it moved the join.

Your Dad should be able to see the problem straight away.

Good luck

Back