Help Please Otter Software

otter software

I have just gone into my otter software to do my tax and found have recieved a messgae that the key has expired ( there was no warning)I have tried to contact the website with no success Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it has left me in a pickle with no access to my data :eek:

I have just gone into my otter software to do my tax and found have recieved a messgae that the key has expired ( there was no warning)I have tried to contact the website with no success Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it has left me in a pickle with no access to my data

could you try changing the date of your computer to an earlier date (when it did work) ?
copy all the files and reinstall the software and see if the key works?

Hi Fergus

:eek::eek:

Had any luck getting onto Duncan
I have the same problem
I'm not sure whether Dunc is still on this site.

I've tried another site,
If I get any response, I'll let you know :)

Hi Mike,

I've had the same problem....
I've tried email, google an white pages
without much luck:(.
I'm not sure Duncan still visits this site
Hopefully I'll et a reply from another site
running out of options, with I believe the same issue as Ferges
all info is there but it wont export to excel.

can you print screen the error or type it up?

have you tried installing the program on another computer then copying the data from the program files(im guessing) to the newly installed one?
or reinstall over the old one (after making a backup of course)
could it be as simple changing the date on the computer back 1 year and see if it works?

Try changing back the clock on your computer by a year or so on the same computer and reinstall.

You might also try instal on another computer,roll back clock also before install,
If it installs and works,look in program files on the original computer for the data you need,drag it over and place it in the same folder it came out of (Except in the new computer)

If you have the demo,perhaps someone on here can try???

Unfortunately,most of those suggestions wont work.

Best chance is to find the actual data file and try to re-engineer it to get the data out of it. All depends on how he wrote the program of course. Whether is is a database or flat file, encrypted data or not, etc.

Alternative and harder to do is to re-engineer the program key to generate a new one.

Of course this all means you need to be a nerd such a myself to do it which likely you aren't and the data is not available to you!

Back