Help - Retaining Wall Repair - estimate costs

Hi there

We are in the process of purchasing a IP. The bld isnp raised a few issues, including the concrete retaining wall that is cracked and a section that is wobbly. I am trying to get an estimate of the cost to make safe and repair.

I have attached the photos. I know this would only be a very rough guide, but any help would be appreciated, as we only have a limited time to decide whether to proceed or renegotiate.:confused:

The things we'd like done is:
1. repair the cracked/wobbly section of the concrete wall, to make save
2. remove brick bbq on top (to reduce weight)
3. remove trees on top (reduce further root damage)

Any input re cost would be appreciated, esp from a handy man or someone who has done this. Would budgeting $4000.00 be enough ?

Cheers

Ming

Attachments

• Cracked Retaining Wall - _01.jpg
    Cracked Retaining Wall - _01.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 684
  • Cracked Retaining Wall - _04.jpg
    Cracked Retaining Wall - _04.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 579
  • Cracked Retaining Wall - _05.jpg
    Cracked Retaining Wall - _05.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 522
That looks like it's not a threat to the main building and is part of the landscaping area of the property.....not so important in my view as a negotiating point...others might disagree, but that's just me.....I'm a Landscaper by trade....

Rip that wall out and replace properly...leave the BBQ...weight is not the problem.....more like a crappy wall job originally.......$4000 would be plenty....;)

I agree with Thorpey. This would not faze me at all. We have a fantastic block wall, block fence, retaining wall chap. If you want his name you could PM me.

Thanks for the responses Thorpey & Wylie.

The reason we wanted to also remove the BBQ is that theres a big crack to it and its now leaning , looking like it would take little to topple over. The bld inspector actually suggested immediate fix or removal.

Any guesses what this may costs?

Thorpey, would $4000K be for a concrete wall?

Thanks. Much appreciated.

miqu.

I'd remove all you need to remove then use the new landscaping blocks they have these days...very easy to use just need a good level base....

Very hard for me to give an estimate without being there and measuring up....but it looks like two small walls that wrap around the BBQ area....

$4000 should cover it easily but you should get three quotes from local tradies for a better idea....;)

Back