Help to rent IP need PLease

Hi

Pm has evicted tenants for not paying rent at the end of Jan. Been on the market two weeks and no interest (at preivious rent). Should we drop the price? or improve the ad? or rent as share accomodation to nurses/doctors as it backs onto the hospital carpark? Any views or advice greatly aprreciated. The house has been a doctors surgery before, council tell me that it only suits home based business now and cant be let commercially (I think)

cheers Grant

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=92729729&s=qld&tm=1235518986

From checking out the other ads I would be tempted to drop the price a bit if there's been no interest at all. As for the ad, I think there may be too many pics. I would only use maybe 5-6 that really make the place look its best. Also, I tend to think that marketing -speak does induce people to act. There's a good opportunity to attract tenants in the hadline, but instead of selling the property is just says, "Ipswich" again. It seems that the features listed as bullet points are not very exciting; try some adjectives. I don't know how many of these are pertinent but will give you an idea of what I mean:

- Immaculate, fully renovated, huge, spacious, gorgeous elevated aspect at rear, fabulous location, close to everything, what more could you want? You get the idea.

Hi,

RE: the add. Can you find a better way to state that the property is larger than it looks. I personally don't like seeing the word deceptive in an advertisement.

Re: the price. Ipswich is a big place and I'm not familiar with it. I clicked on property for rent on realestate.com.au and a quick look at the first twenty listings were all under this price except one. These may not be in the same part of town as yours but my uneducated guess is that perhaps you've got a little downward pressure? $345 looks cheaper in print than $350 but only equates to $260p/year loss. $339pw looks heaps more appealing but is only $572 less per year to you. LESS THAN YOU WILL LOSE if it is vacant for two more weeks!

Do you have an option to increase the rent at the 6 month mark like here in S.A.? If you do, you could up it to $355 or $360p week then.

What sort of interest has your property manager had so far?

Cheers Jo

First thing I suggest is to get rid of the photos with 27/4/2007 on them. Sheer laziness on the PMs part. Those photos are almost 2 years old, please have them re-taken or at least the date edited out.
Marg

First thing I suggest is to get rid of the photos with 27/4/2007 on them. Sheer laziness on the PMs part. Those photos are almost 2 years old, please have them re-taken or at least the date edited out.
Marg

I agree - whether looking to rent or buy - seeing photos dated ages ago makes me wonder what they are hiding or what has changed somuch that they havent used recent photos - to the extent I wont even bother going for a look.

Cheers
Stella

I think there are too many photos. You can usually tell by 4 maybe 5 if you like it. Too many photos take the maybe out of it. If you show everything there is nothing left to see. By only haveing a few it makes you want to see more. Maybe the main living areas and 1 bedroom. I would also get new photos taken, i would not look at a place with photos near 2 years old.
Also i would write something about the property instead of having dot points and take out the one about the size, as the photos show its larger inside.
Good luck

I agree with all the suggestions you've had thus far - especially the one about removing the dates. And when culling the photos, get rid of the laundry photo, it really isn't that flattering.

I'd also suggest advertising through the hospital. See if you can place an ad in an internal newsletter, or put something up on a staff noticeboard in the hospital. (They often have a staff entrance where staff have to clock in and clock out; can you get an ad put up there?)

It's a lovely big home and is definitely being "under-marketed" right now.

agree with most ofwhat has already been said. plus i would re-order the photos. the ones that come up next to the text are all external, so i started to think it must be really bad inside because they aren't showing it straight up. In my experience you need to show the house, living room, kitchen and bathroom first then other photos next. these are the main things that tenants tend to ask about first... is the kitchen in good condtion, is the bathroom livable... etc..

Back