Heritage 3.99% one year fixed

5.23% ( pro pack - $300 annual fee)
5.64% ( basic home loan no on going fee)

Both are fairly expensive products when compared to what else is available (with almost everyone else). Moving to a different lender is likely to cost as much as the fixed rate saved in the first lender.

Heritage occasionally have a good deal, but not consistently. There's a lot more to cost effectiveness than just a low number.

Don't even get me started about the fun had in getting a loan approved.

Yep - as Mick pointed out, its a getchyah type of deal. Causes headaches after year 1.

Similar to IMB's offering, who've had a 3.99% one year fixed for a while now.

Heretic also wants to know what colour underwear you prefer and wether your feet have standard width.

from a third party ethics Point of view they also like to pillage broker introduced loans.

Most recently trying to lock down a loan renewal for a 5 year fixed rate ending in Dece,ber 2014. proactive is one thing ..............

But, they do have their place !

ta
rolf

Heretic also wants to know what colour underwear you prefer and wether your feet have standard width.

You're fact find should have that covered surely Rolf?

I guess if you had a high enough loan amount (so interest savings cover the cost of refinancing away from them) & wanted to refinance at the end of 1 year it could make sense?

You're fact find should have that covered surely Rolf?

I guess if you had a high enough loan amount (so interest savings cover the cost of refinancing away from them) & wanted to refinance at the end of 1 year it could make sense?

In my experience Heritage goes well beyond any fact find...

It does make sense if you switch to their basic after year 1, even on a loan of $150,000. The bank is relying on your apathy to ensure that you do pay a bit extra. Even then, their basic product is more expensive than competitors so it'll still likely cost you extra in the long run.

Back