high end toilets?

http://www.totousa.com/washlet_features.asp

For PPORs, it would be such a cool thing to install. It'll be like, lets go to your house to see that toilet. Enough reason to organise a party :D

But economically, how much would such a product increase the value of the property? It does have a 'wow' factor, from features such as automatic flushing, closing of the lid, heating, etc.

Yes, no... maybe?

Wow, automatic flush. It saves you having to reach over and push a button.

If it could detect the gender of the recipient, and close or open as appropriate, it might save a marriage.

The cleaning is probably practical- but in real life, do you really want a stream of water up your backside? If it's your house, you would become used to it- but it could be a problem at a aprty :(

The previous owner of my house was Japanese and he installed one in the ensuite.

Comes with a remote control that allows one to flush from 10m away, although I'm not sure why.

It also requires a transformer to run as it's not built to work on 240vt and for this reason we leave it turned off and use the manual flush option only.

I reckon it is a waste of good money.

Hubby bought us a seat and lid set that lowers slowly, both seat and lid so no more slamming down the seat by the boys.

It cost about $25.

Wylie

http://www.totousa.com/washlet_features.asp

For PPORs, it would be such a cool thing to install. It'll be like, lets go to your house to see that toilet. Enough reason to organise a party :D

But economically, how much would such a product increase the value of the property? It does have a 'wow' factor, from features such as automatic flushing, closing of the lid, heating, etc.

Yes, no... maybe?

I also like cool toilets :)

I like the commercial look and will be installing a urinal in my PPOR along with an electric wall mounted hand dryer. Not sure if it would increase or decrease the value but it is my PPOR and i can always pull them out if needed.

The feature I like most is the bum warmer.. imagine in chilling winter you open the newspaper and sit on that toilet.. and you hear big bang on the door with voice shouting across the door.. "get out!!!"

I love fancy toilets.... last time I was in Korea I managed to squirt someone in the face with luke warm toilet water when they came to check out the toilet! All with the press of a button.

This is a nifty water saving, space saving toilet. Recycles the water used from washing your hands as the water to flush the toilet...

profile-toilet.jpg

http://www.caroma.com.au/products/index_profile.html

I love this idea, but shame they couldn't offset the cistern from the pan so you don't have to straddle the pan to wash your hands, or stand on the side and twist.

Wylie

Exactly, Wylie! And how many loos have enough room to do that anyway?? Might be OK if the loo is in a larger bathroom, but some stand-alone WCs barely have room to move!

Cheers
LynnH

First time I used a toilet in Japan....I managed to press every single button twice over and still couldn't work out how to flush it....it was very frustrating...then I finally gave up, got off and it flushed automatically! doh

The toilet has spray for front and back and a blow dryer and seat warmer. It was cold so the seat warmer was a welcome.

a lot of asians, especially muslims clean their bits anyway after a no 2 so I think these toilets are brilliant.

What I liked most about public toilets was that they had a child seat and handbag holder in the cubicles...why don't we have that in Oz?

Do these toilets check out how healthy you are and whether you need to see the doctor for a colonosphy (spelling??) or an enlarged prostrate.

Do these toilets check out how healthy you are and whether you need to see the doctor for a colonosphy (spelling??) or an enlarged prostrate.
I would hope not. Isn't the general test for prostrate problems a digital examination? (And I don't mean computers :) )

does anyone know how much they cost? i want one for my PPOR...it's way more useful than say a SPA..especially if you us ethe functions all the time...it's actually quite worth it.

I don't know how much it costs...

Yeah in winter a seat warmer would be good.
Like a lot of people, it would be weird to have water spray instead of toilet paper -it seems cleaner though.

If someone finds out how much it costs in $AUD to install/buy, thank you :)

a lot of asians, especially muslims clean their bits anyway after a no 2 so I think these toilets are brilliant.

yeah i also agree that the best way to clean your bum is by spraying it with high pressure water -- it's a much cleaner way of doing it than smudging it away with toilet paper, but i don't fancy those bidets with a fixed direction :(

i like the Thailand style of doing it with a flexible hose with a finger controlled trigger so that you have easy control of the on/off and pressure :)

instead of paying $500+ you can easily install one of these hoses for $20 if you're inclined -- and they do a far better job because you can hit the right spot straight away, unlike the fixed jets where you have to shuffle around and aim it right or you get sprayed everywhere else as well :D

I haven't installed one at my place but i will consider it. It's nice to have a low maintenance accessory that can be installed easily... the stopcock for the water going to the cistern is replaced with a 3 way so that there is an extra outlet for the hose to screw on to.

6426613.jpg

here's a fancier version i googled

Hammam%20Foot%20Wash%20Spray%20Hose.jpg

Last edited:
Back