High Street Toowong

Have been made aware of a development about to happen
in High Street Toowong.
I was recently in Brissy( i am a mexican from sydney :) ) & drove over that way to inspect my ip at Indooropilly. I seem to recall driving along this road ( high street)
and it was quite busy. My concern is the noise both from the road & the adjacent rail line.
I think the development is opposite Ebor street. Is anyone local to the area and familiar with the spot I am talking about?
I was hoping it may be somewhat protected from the rail line.
Toowong I think is a good spot for investment and i don't want to discount this property without good reason.
Any comments or help specific to this spot and toowong would be appreciated.
Thanks
Greg

Grego,

Toowoong is a very good suburb. There is a large student population there because it is fairly close the University of Queensland, the second biggest generator of traffic in Brisbane.

The location you talked about is located in the noisiest part of Toowong, being between High Street, a major connector road chanelling huge amounts of traffic from the Western suburb to the city and the train line. It is also close to the Royal Exchange, a student hang out bar / pub with live music most weekends.

However apart from this, the location is great, just 50 metres to Woolworths etc, and 100 metres to Toowong Tower, where you have all the major departments and the Toowong train station, just 3 stations from Central.

Lifestyle here is relatively good, with just a short walk down to the river-side pathway where lots of yuppies go to rollerblade and cycle to the city and or Milton, where the cafes are. There has been a tremendous amount of renewal in Toowond and the areas closeby, and this has pushed the prices up,even though the suburb is already priced way too high already.

Back