High Yielding Shares Again

As I am fast nearing break even point for BHP and WOW, I am nervously looking at the current bull market wondering whether I should be selling out simply because I have been waiting for some months for the break even moment. There is a nervousness that the bull market can stop and then drop precipitously at any time and then I would regret not reclaiming my capital. On the other hand, I am, in a small way, hoping for some profit and as I do not need the cash, feel that I may as well hang on until some profit is made. So there is more nervousness now on a daily basis than when the entire portfolio was down 20%.

Open not looking good for WOW this morning for you! :(

I don't have any, but I might be a buyer today........

pinkboy

Excuse me for jumping in on this thread but l am sure one of you share investors can answer my questions.
My friend has accumulated a large amount of shares during the past 50 years. All been purchased through a broker. There is also a parcel of an American share. All shares were purchased pre 2000.
Now that my friend.. Anne Has discovered the joys of being online and having all her other business and accounts sent to her via the web and email.
She would like to know how she can now do away with receiving her dividends by cheque and having them direct credited to her bank account and all associated documents sent to her email.
Does she need to register with any one in particular ?
What does she have to do to make this happen? Can it happen.
The American shares have a large amount of dividends ( in cheques now expired) that have not been claimed. What or how can Anne now claim the dividends from USA via a direct credit on line.?
Thanks in advance for any reply,s
Cheers
Yadreamin
Thanks for those reply,s you have been a great help. Thought it wouldn't be too hard to solve the problem. My friend no longer deals with the broker in any way .
She just wants to sort it all out now without engaging the services of anyone. She just doesn't trust anyone any more. Long story.
Cheers and thanks again

Very predictable IV. Are we investing or trading? As you did say when the market moved against your WOW prediction but one month ago ;)

come on guys, a short term trading movement means nothing.

Are we trading or investing.

More worrying to me is the psychological thinking of the above posters. If they are trading fine, they are doing EXACTLY the right thing. The short term trend is now your friend.

If they are investing, well, Mistress Market is a very good teacher.

I still stand by my comments, and if I a wrong so be it, I have lost an opportunity.

No big deal, there are always 'opportunities' out there.

Worse is when I am wrong on opinions where I have my own capital at stake:D

geeeez.......are we going to do this every time there is a 10% SP movement? At sub $25 you get the right to crow :)

all i can say is good luck..

Ok now I've got the energy. You've really pissed me off with this post Willair, after asking the question, and getting a response typed on the phone with much labour I might add (!) give me something constructive at least, in the spirit of sharing knowledge which is what this forum is about, I think :) I am happy to know why this well worn path does not grow wealth over the long term from an experienced investor.

Ok now I've got the energy. You've really pissed me off with this post Willair, after asking the question, and getting a response typed on the phone with much labour I might add (!) give me something constructive at least, in the spirit of sharing knowledge which is what this forum is about, I think :) I am happy to know why this well worn path does not grow wealth over the long term from an experienced investor.

If that's what your happy with then go right ahead,we are all different in this site and like you said it is a well worn path with a lot of bumps in the road,at least with liquid traded equities vs property you know within 3 hours if you have made a mistakes property can take years..like I said good luck..

If that's what your happy with then go right ahead,we are all different in this site and like you said it is a well worn path with a lot of bumps in the road,at least with liquid traded equities vs property you know within 3 hours if you have made a mistakes property can take years..like I said good luck..

Cheers Ok Willair, apologies if I took your post the wrong way.

It's the weekend, markets are closed and humour is required

23a6985085c90132c101005056a9545d

2210acf085c90132c101005056a9545d

1eab1b4085c90132c101005056a9545d

1cd711b085c90132c101005056a9545d

Have a great weekend

I must say, I'm very surprised at some of the short term/reactionary approaches several in this thread have adopted in their approach to the stock market.

I wonder how they would react if they received daily prices on the values of their investment properties?

Here's the thing, nobody knows :p I'd suggest it might open weaker this morning as the punters have read the weekend papers, Monday morning panic sell perhaps. Again, only a guess.

Back