High Yielding Shares Again

Hi MTR

In August last year I purchased some shares for my son so we could monitor, discuss etc, a year on and they are up nearly 14% plus dividends

Better than bank interest and more to talk about

Once you got the hang of the market and make decent return
I tell you there is nothing like it..

You shall abandon most other investment and have all the free time
And stress free and generate great return.

It is not easy but it can be done with time and patients and
And an open mind to learn from others.

Finally, be honest with yourself and measure your net portfolio performance with the index to make sure the hard work is really worth it when compared to the index.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I measure success in the stock market differently. If the return on my stock portfolio exceeds 3% p.a.- current bank deposit rates - I feel good. If the return exceeds 5% p.a. - I feel justified in doing share trading as opposed to resi property investment.

And I think this is reasonably achievable. For example, I look at the price chart for BHP. I find that in the past twelve months, the stock has fluctuated from $35 to $38 on at least five occasions. This is a 8.5% movement where you have five opportunities a year to participate in. So even if I make one successful trade per year I have exceeded returns on inflation, resi IP and bank deposits. And if I make two successful trades per year, then there is no point in looking at other investments. Finally I find that the major dips in the share price correlate reasonably well, but not 100% with the MACD indicator - when there is a golden cross, you have a better than reasonable chance of buying at a low point.

This is not day trading nor is it genuine buy and hold. It is just about making one or two trades a year - enough to provide an inflation indexed income for ever possibly.

I measure success in the stock market differently. If the return on my stock portfolio exceeds 3% p.a.- current bank deposit rates - I feel good. If the return exceeds 5% p.a. - I feel justified in doing share trading as opposed to resi property investment.

And I think this is reasonably achievable. For example, I look at the price chart for BHP. I find that in the past twelve months, the stock has fluctuated from $35 to $38 on at least five occasions. This is a 8.5% movement where you have five opportunities a year to participate in. So even if I make one successful trade per year I have exceeded returns on inflation, resi IP and bank deposits. And if I make two successful trades per year, then there is no point in looking at other investments. Finally I find that the major dips in the share price correlate reasonably well, but not 100% with the MACD indicator - when there is a golden cross, you have a better than reasonable chance of buying at a low point.

This is not day trading nor is it genuine buy and hold. It is just about making one or two trades a year - enough to provide an inflation indexed income for ever possibly.

Thats assuming you get your 1 or 2 trades right...

if you serious and want to track your performance and at the same time making tax recording a walk in the park..get this piece of Aussie software..

very nice, it track your internal rate of return ... (how much money you put in throughout the cycle what its yearly return)

http://topshare.com.au/ (one time purchase, life time upgrade)

Just a recommendation, I don't have any interest in this business just something I use and like it a lot

Day trading is very very hard. I day trade and if you want to make money day trading you need a system and not to panic when you lose cash, i lost $62k in 8 days back in April this year 2 months i was in a drawdown if you can handle that you will succeed if you have the right system and money mangement.

After being stuck in losses for 2 months all loss recovered and i got myself a merc a draw down is good makes you stronger.

if you serious and want to track your performance and at the same time making tax recording a walk in the park..get this piece of Aussie software..

very nice, it track your internal rate of return ... (how much money you put in throughout the cycle what its yearly return)

http://topshare.com.au/ (one time purchase, life time upgrade)

Just a recommendation, I don't have any interest in this business just something I use and like it a lot

Hi ROE

Does it calculate XIRR :confused:

The XIRR function is similar to the IRR (internal rate of return) function but is more robust. IRR allows for the calculation of returns with "regular" contributions, but XIRR allows for random contributions or withdrawals throughout the year.

Day trading is very very hard. I day trade and if you want to make money day trading you need a system and not to panic when you lose cash, i lost $62k in 8 days back in April this year 2 months i was in a drawdown if you can handle that you will succeed if you have the right system and money mangement.

After being stuck in losses for 2 months all loss recovered and i got myself a merc a draw down is good makes you stronger.

Well at least you came out the other end with the priceless understanding of the difference between a forward process and the reverse one,62k in 8 days by the sounds of this you never had stop-;loss in place or no margin call or "opm", I hope the "MERC" has the "AMG" tag on the right hand side..

Well at least you came out the other end with the priceless understanding of the difference between a forward process and the reverse one,62k in 8 days by the sounds of this you never had stop-;loss in place or no margin call or "opm", I hope the "MERC" has the "AMG" tag on the right hand side..

Trading using CFDs leveraged...had stop loss just unlucky and lost it at the time...no AMG i wish....only a E350 011. Would love a E63 AMG :D

Trading using CFDs leveraged......no AMG i wish....only a E350 011. Would love a E63 AMG :D

Not to worry John,it takes balls to trade CDF'S ,,E350-11 are good the AMG'S with the speedo saying 320klm's unchipped are a experience that very few get to live,even better when the front number plate goes flying
over the windscreen and the speed cameras only scan the front number plate not the back one..:)..

Hi ROE

Does it calculate XIRR :confused:

I think it does XIRR but check the the author
Get a 60 days trial and email the author, he is very responsive even if you are a trial member

this is from their site so I assume he uses XIRR

Portfolio Performance/IRR calculates the Internal Rate of Return for a whole portfolio over a given time interval. This includes both realised and unrealised capital movements, and dividend payments. This is the best overall measure of investment performance, and is appropriate for comparing the performance of different portfolios or for comparison with other published investment returns.

Not to worry John,it takes balls to trade CDF'S ,,E350-11 are good the AMG'S with the speedo saying 320klm's unchipped are a experience that very few get to live,even better when the front number plate goes flying
over the windscreen and the speed cameras only scan the front number plate not the back one..:)..

Next car will be either E63 AMG or G63 depends what the boss says :D

I don't mind the new C either.

High yielding still the way to go.

It has served me well this year.

I think there will be further compression of yields, which means higher prices.

Hi I.V

What have been your high yield plays for the year?

ASX Index looks like its doing better than the US Index so far this year

Current positions ;)

Bulls think ASX200 going up :D

Attachments

• Positions2.jpg
    Positions2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 106
Back