Hills area Sydney

Has anyone had a look at the piece on yield in Your Investment Property magazine, p16 refers to Bella Vista unit rental yield as 10%. I presume its a bit of a statistical anomaly perhaps on limited data. Even if the yield is a bit lower it looks of interest because its not that far from the city with the M2 and there's plenty of employment in the area.

Has anyone had a look at the piece on yield in Your Investment Property magazine, p16 refers to Bella Vista unit rental yield as 10%. I presume its a bit of a statistical anomaly perhaps on limited data. Even if the yield is a bit lower it looks of interest because its not that far from the city with the M2 and there's plenty of employment in the area.

How did you work that out to equate to 10% :confused:

Rental yield percentage = (annual rent / purchase price) x 100 .

How did you work that out to equate to 10% :confused:

Rental yield percentage = (annual rent / purchase price) x 100 .

I didn't calculate it, its a direct quote frmo the magazine, it mentions 10% rental yield and $252 estimated positive cash flow per week, assumes 80% LVR, standard financing rates and other costs etc. Can anyone from the are provide any other info, are there may units in the area?

I have done some research last year and was surprised with how low the rents were in Bella Vista and Castle Hill. Property prices are high, but rents are really cheap. I suppose this is a spillover effect from Kellyville.
Good for renters, not so good for investors from CF point of view.

Back