Holiday / break and buying IP's

Hi,

Just got back from a three day break in Berrima NSW. Stayed at 'Troopers Cottage' for 3 nights and it was great. Heritage listed, low key, self cater, nice reno :) and reasonably priced at $650 for the three nights. Sleeps 6 in two double rooms, open fire, 2 bathrooms and so on.

No this is not spam, I don't own it. Just a quiet getaway with good food and wines nearby, and the world famous Berkelouw's Book shop.

Interesting IP though, as the owners are in Sydney, they come down after each stay and clean / setup for the next guests. When I rang the owner I suspect they were in the middle of reno due to that unmistakable empty echo that renos have. For those interested you could work out their returns as the tariffs and occupancy/bookings are on the web.

I prefer little getaways like this, rather than the homogenised 5 star 'experience' of the major hotels.

Looking in the RE windows (as you do - actually it's an incurable disease ;) ) I found that you could still by a fibro 3 bed plus study, on the main street of Bowral for $315,000. That has to be good buying for the buy, reno and hold people. In fact I might just ring the agent when they open for business in 5 minutes. Won't be the first time I've bought out of an RE window sight unseen.

MC

Back