Holiday House Swap

Hiya

Hubby and I are intending to do extended overseas vacation once he retires; something like 3-6 mths a year. We are thinking France, Italy, US you get my drift....

I have since realised that Sydney is a very desirable location for people to visit from overseas...i hope to target similar "older" retirees like us....

We have a small 1 bedroom granny flat in Sydney with its own yard and own separate access (heck! i'll throw in the pool too:p)

Qns:

a) Would anyone share their experiences of Holiday House Swapping?

b) Would a 1 bedder be too small?

tks:D

a) Would anyone share their experiences of Holiday House Swapping?

b) Would a 1 bedder be too small?
a) Register it on airbnb.com, then join the airbnb group called Holiday Home Swap (i think). Lots of options there.

b) Definitely not

We use house sitters regularly to look after our dogs. Happyhousitters website. Housesitters pay to join the site free for homeowners. We always have multiple applicants and have a one bed house in Perth. The longer the vacancy usually the more that are interested. You could then try and get a house sit yourself overseas.

We once house sat a four bed modern house rent free for six months in Canberra. That was a very nice gig :)

We looked into it a while back and it seems the only problems that surfaced were people's differing opinions on what "clean" was in handing back the property. One woman arrived a back a day early and went off because there were sewing threads all over the carpet but the 'holidayer' said she intended to clean that day ready for the hand back. Being at the entrance (virtually) to the Great Ocean Road, we will definitely go for it when we get time in a couple of years time.

On two occasions we have had housesitters in our house for periods up to 2 months. Our house is in an outer suburb of Canberra and I didnt think many people would be interested - we had lots of interest.

Both times our house was given back immaculate (better than when we left it).

I think your g/f in Sydney would get lots of interest. All tourists want to stay in Sydney.

We would like to do the overseas house swap too.

Hiya

I think we could have a Somersoft holiday house swap....:D

I could think of some people on this forum i would happily swap with (think about what great stories we could share and learn from:p)

Back