Hot property

Ahhhh, the property showns on T.V!
Always a sign that the market is rising and consumer interest is back on property, after all, T.V shows are all about selling advertising, and advertisers like ad's in the shows most people are interested in watching.

I enjoy the programs, also enjoy the benefits it brings my industry!

Cheers

Property programs

It is good to see property programs reappearing on TV and also on the radio. There seems to be a greater presence in newspapers as well. I am addicted to property shows on Foxtel - even though they are based in UK and Europe. The strategy that the developers have in these programs is get in, renovate, and sell quickly to maximise profit. Does that work in NSW with CGT and stamp duty etc.? How can a profit be made if so much goes out in taxes here? Buying cheap? Not easy in Sydney. The more investment programs that are shown in Australia the better, bring them on I say!

I LOATHED Hot Property with a Pasion!!!!

When it was on I was struggling to buy my PPOR and watching prices spiral out of control. Each week I would watch it and felt that my goal was becoming more and more unachievable and that my dreams were slipping away. Coupled with that that I was working in Canberra over winter.......this did not make me a pleasant person to be around.

Happily I DID end up getting a great PPOR for a great price in 2003. It was this forum and some friends from here that kept encouraging me to keep going. Man how I worked to get that PPOR......working away from my home city and family to make extra $$$, looking nearly every weekend for 18months and finally purchasing the property from a friend of a friend who "didn't know what to do with the place". They had let it sit vacant for 6 months and were letting friends from the country use it on weekends. They also didn't know how much it was worth, which let me purchase under market. That 18months of hard work DID pay off as I now know my target markets like the back of my hand. I was able to see value and know that the price on offer was a bargain on the spot.

I still remember watching hot property on Wednesday night in Canberra after exchange.......I ordered room service and bought a good bottle of red from the bottle-o.......celebrated alone, but that was the only time I enjoyed Hot Property.

Super-strine everyman voice over: "Hang on.... there could be trouble..... do they realise this yet?" ......... all this and more unnecessary commentary coming soon......... but I really do like the show.

Like the fact that the renovator known as the 'pocket rocket' was such an inspiration she ended up a host..... thumbs up!

Last edited:
Starts on Sunday
On seven
at seven

there is a program on saturdays called
my home on nine have been trying to watch for weeks
have not been home at that time though

I used to laugh at these shows. The presenters would take all the credit for selling above market value after the reno's ..... when the markets was booming.

They'd do renovations using a team of 50 people ... spend a fortune and then pat themselves on the back for increasing the sale price by tens of thousands, when in fact that was happening in the market place anyway without reno work. The extra dollars they generated in the sale price wouldn't have covered the labour cost of all the worker they employed to do the work

I noticed the shows stopped once they spent tens of thousands on reno's, but properties getting passed in at auction or no buyers willing to pay inflated price, .. it became embarrassing for them I think.

Anyway, .. as CairnAgent say's ..... its a good sign for investors that the property markets are moving if the TY stations are bringing these shows back on.

Martin

Back