House & land packages Gatton

Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with new house and land packages in the Gatton area. I have been talking with a contact of mine and he says new packages can be bought for under 300k, rents about 260 to 280 a week, not a very high return i will agree, but with a bit of depreciation could possibly be a viable proposition. A high proportion of students are looking for accomodation i have been told. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Foston

foston said:
Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with new house and land packages in the Gatton area. I have been talking with a contact of mine and he says new packages can be bought for under 300k, rents about 260 to 280 a week, not a very high return i will agree, but with a bit of depreciation could possibly be a viable proposition. A high proportion of students are looking for accomodation i have been told. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Foston
I haven't had any dealings with property in Gatton, but I do know that the UQ Vet School will be re-locating to the Gatton campus within the next couple of years, so I think there's quite a lot of potential for rental properties there ... :)

- ella

Hey Tony looking west I see

Gatton uni is agreat drawcard, Toowoomba however has a meatworks on its skeliton staff sahrinking as the Dinmore meatworks expands 800 jobs. Closeness to the air force base is good too so not a horendous commute for Gatton residents either.

Less than a 5% return even with good depreciation will have you still putting your hand in your pocket every week. Older houses in Rosewood would best suit your needs with high demand as it is 20 mins to Gatton uni and 25 mns to Ipswich campus where 260 new nursing positions were announced recently.

Good size bus interchange at the Rosewood station also makes this a future hub for the western district.

Good Luck

DD1

we do new houses that are already built (no holding costs during construction like with a HLP) in Crestmead (logan city) for the same price with the same returns. I would imagine that by comparison Gatton would seem expensive ???????

The house and land packages you are referring to ,are they the ones out at Adare?
The new ones are 6 bedrooms,granny flat,three baths,two kitchens on acreage,going for high 400k.
There are some cheaper smaller ones there, (Yes looked at them all) but still over 300K

The new jail at Adare (Approx 10kms out of Gatton on the Esk road) will be operational in the near future,
Lots of students in the Gatton area sharing houses so good returns there also as long as it is in town ,walking distance to everything.
Amberley airbase is not to far away.
I don't know where you can buy there under 300K unless it is at Lowood?
Love to know,:confused:

Hi all,

Cheers
Foston

I was selling packages out there for years...very hard to find savvy buyers - most have tended to be wood ducks from interstate who don't know the area.

I went to that Uni to so know the area well. It will always struggle IMHO just by nature of its make up, geography and location.

but if the numbers work...:)

Back