House number 13

We live at No. 13, have 13 in all our number plates, got married on the 13th and started going out on Friday the 13th.

I'm sure you're not looking for a death wish but pretty strange if any of it was done on purpose.

Steve Wozniak (name dropping here :p) is an acquaintance of mine and has the phone number 808-888-8888 which he got from Sprint after a lot of effort (please don't call him :)).
He also prefers hotel rooms which have an 8 in it or add up to 8.

I'm sure you're not looking for a death wish but pretty strange if any of it was done on purpose.

Steve Wozniak (name dropping here :p) is an acquaintance of mine and has the phone number 808-888-8888 which he got from Sprint after a lot of effort (please don't call him :)).
He also prefers hotel rooms which have an 8 in it or add up to 8.

I think this is a silly thing to post. I'm sure someone is going to ring him and he isn't going to be happy.

From WikiPedia : Stephen Gary "Steve" Wozniak:18 (born August 11, 1950), known as Woz, is an American inventor, computer engineer and programmer who co-founded Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.) with Steve Jobs and Ronald Wayne

dont think anyone is going to call hahaha....

HotRod : Coincidentally Taylor Swifts lucky number is 13 too...

I was doing a bit of DD in a suburb many moons ago, checking out various houses for sale, just for my own info.

One particular place had difficulty selling, turns out someone had recently died in it. I thought bargain! deceased estate or somethin..

No turns out it was suspicious. The agent then told me there had been a previous person die there also. I thought hmm, she then tells me prior to that another person had died there also! - and that was a grisly one as well...

Would you still buy the place considering all the negative energy that was lurking about there?

There's a house on one of the main roads in St Clair where a family member set fire to the house and killed at least one person. Once the house was repaired, it was on the market for a really long time. After it sold, it went on the market again a few months later (obviously before the Gonsalves tragedy where disclosure was not law). Changed many hands over a 10 year period. Most of the locals wouldn't know about it now and it's been with the same owner for ages. Did have a stigma for a very long time.

As an IP, if the locals know the history of the house, you'd have difficulty finding long term tenants. As soon as a tenant finds out about the property they may leave. So I'd probably not buy it unless it's an area where people don't talk much or is quite transient.

Can't comment on the numbers thing but local knowledge matters alright.

I live about 3 blocks from the set of flats that Len Fraser was living in when he committed that series of murders. It has had a For Sale sign on it for several years but doesn't look they are having any success moving it. No suggestion any of the murders were committed there, but just the association is enough.

My partner reckons you could get bad karma from any involvement with it.

Went and saw Driving Miss Daisey last night (13th of each month wife and I go out) and she sat in, wait for it, seat 13 in Row M (the 13th row).

:)

Woz lined up outside the Brisbane Apple Store to buy an iPhone 5 when it was released, so he must be pretty cool about mixing with the masses.

I was considering phoning him but would not know what to say (other than "love your work, dude") which would be annoying for him.

Unless it was tongue-in-cheek, in which case I missed it completely. :)

We have a 4.5 year old IP with a street address which is number 13 wonderful tenants who score a 10 when property managers inspect.

Humans have evolved awesome pattern recognition. It's what helps us survive, Dave just ate some berries, Dave is now dead... = I might pass on the berries.

IQ is basically a measure of pattern recognition.

Problem is people recognise patterns where there are none, because the punishment of a false positive is much less punishing than a false negative. The berries not being deadly and avoiding them might leave you with an empty stomach when you could have been full, but the cost of not recognising the pattern and eating the deadly berries, is kinda high... as Dave found out.

So now we have a culture that constantly recognises patterns that aren't there. 13 is bad, walking under a ladder is bad, chanting to the devil is bad, all unfounded rubbish.

True intelligence isn't just recognising patterns, it's critical thinking that examines the evidence. For more information please see B.F Skinners spinning pigeons.

But anyway sorry about that my star sign just makes me go on rants sometimes, I guess that's to be expected from a Hufflepuff like me.

Back