house rules / reno rumble

As much im over reno shows these 2 are about to start! And as you know channel 7 buy these houses on house rules.

There Trying to be all"feel good" then another making them serious.
Shows like this push property prices up.
What makes us get sucked into these shows??

As much im over reno shows these 2 are about to start! And as you know channel 7 buy these houses on house rules.

No sucked in here.

Those shows leave me as cold as a MIL's stare.

Terrible; and sooo scripted for drama

But; have been sucked into "The Walking Dead!!"

Now that's drama.

Gratuitous violence, gore, eye candy, etc. :D

Had a "Dead-a-thon" with my 13 year old son last Fri night - watched 4 recorded episodes in a row.

I watched 2 more on my own last night (he's already seen them - couldn't wait for me).

i don't mind The Block reveal episodes - but I don't want to be reminded of the crap that can go wrong with renos during the process, though - or watch the ridiculous dramas in between.

likewise, I enjoy seeing how simple houses are often re-imagined with their floor plans on shows like House Rules, etc. I also like seeing how The Block often take a pretty rooted building and re-imagine the spaces.

I think there's a lot of money with these approaches...I would have thought most Somersoftians would be watching with evil specufesting intent.

I don't like the sappy drama, such and such has a crap life so we gave them a new fridge, now everyone is happy and crying blah blah feel good crap.

No sucked in here.

Those shows leave me as cold as a MIL's stare.

Terrible; and sooo scripted for drama

But; have been sucked into "The Walking Dead!!"

Now that's drama.

Had a "Dead-a-thon" with my 13 year old son last Fri night - watched 4 recorded episodes in a row.

I watched 2 more on my own last night (he's already seen them - couldn't wait for me).

You could also try "Rome" and "Spartacus" for
Probably not quite for the 13yo, as the eye candy is ... hmmm ... "full" on.

But it's educational, because it's historical!! :)

(Sorry to go off topic!)

Last edited:
Don't mind these shows, but dislike the contrived conflict scenes.

We record them and flick through all the nonsense and just watch the actual Reno content. Only watch reveals on The Block.
Marg.

I love the ideas and concepts used in the renovations ... and steal a few of them from time to time ... but can't be bothered with the drama so often just watch the reveal nights

Im sick of wendy moore. When she says "and iLoveee" blah blah and what i loveeeeeee is this. Omg she is up herself.

I like shayna blaze on selling houses she actually seems herself on there but on the block she is such a ******!!!!!!!!

Channel 7 buy the houses? Don't think so

Some friends very nearly made it on the one about to start.

Well thats what i heard. I dunno how true it is. I was told the last one was like that.

I live up the road from the WA couple who came second last year. They bought it and still own it, but were trying to sell.

Dont think this is true.

The back stories are normally highly dramatised. Everyone has to have a dramatic reason to need to win - they cant just be normal people who want a free reno and the opportunity to win some cash.

Despite all this, i still enjoy watching most of the series. I find it more reno based and realistic than the Block, IMO

I like all these shows, but could do without all the drama & dumb acting (dancing, singing, acting like fools etc).

I don't mind watching the work being done, room reveals, challenges faced etc, not interested in the drama, competitions for funds etc

Without being too offensive, does anyone else think that the My House Rules contestants are all at the lower end of inteligence? They all seem really nice but none appear to be that bright. I wonder if this is part of the selection process?

I contrast this to The Block contestants who seem miles ahead. The Reno Rumble show highlights this a bit.

This does not necessarily affect the reno/styling abilities. Just an observation.

Back