Housing market not in trouble, now 3 million people know!

Really? Word on the grape vine is the communists have taken over and will repatriate all land holdings to the state, so more red earth can be shipped to red china.

I predict house values will be negatively affected and values will go down to ~10 red turnips per square meter.

All in all that will be good, as the nation will be fed, housed and employed thanks to the government, just like in China where I hear they are doing great things.

I'd cash out of housing and invest into turnips, solar panels, wind turbines and house-boats, before the worst of the climate implosion kicks in.

Someone better tell the FHB'ers as they have entered the market again...seems they are pouncing on low int rates and they reckon prices have dropped enough and realise good value when they see it...not so fanciful but true !

I also reckon the majority would be "The Block" watchers...LOL..funny

Someone better tell the FHB'ers as they have entered the market again...seems they are pouncing on low int rates and they reckon prices have dropped enough and realise good value when they see it...not so fanciful but true !

Wow they are really pouncing... :rolleyes:

First home buyers - Dwellings financed (no.) ;
Jun-2008 8805
Jun-2009 18400
Jun-2010 7853
May-2011 8226
Jun-2011 7746

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/meisubs.nsf/0/78B40276A7F3E51ECA2578E600186A4C/$File/560909a.xls

Numbers are down on the same month for the last 4 years and down on May's results (month prior).

The spike your article referred to used a percentage, so could either be that other borrowers are down (rather than an actual increase in FHB numbers) or maybe the numbers bounced in their business.

Overall the ABS shows FHB numbers are still very weak. I had to go back to June 2004 to find June with a lower number of them...

Back