How about a horse in the backyard!

One of my tenants (of 9 months) has just asked if they could have a puppy, they are not sure what type but would I approve it and the type they can have. Isn't it nice to be asked.

Another of my tenants who hasn't even been in the property for 2 weeks with no pets on the lease, has decided to have a horse in the backyard, no not a paddock a flaming backyard and a large horse! Really!

This is their second termination notice in 2 weeks. It is going to be a loooonngg lease. Give me strength.

Stay tuned for part 1 of this story as it is a classic!

It is a first for my PM too. She reckons it is taking it to the extreme!

No doubt these tenants are classics, luckily it is a short lease, but I expect it to be a bit of a wild ride.

Another chapter in the book of my PI journey of what NOT to do!

I remember as a kid my mum had some makeshift stables in the backyard for a couple of horses and we used to take them down the road to the local football oval for excercise, not sure if the landlord knew.

Unless the horses are actively damaging the property I would think that horse owners are generally a better 'class of people' so to speak and might make for good tenants.

At least the horses wont be shedding/pooing/weeing on the carpet or anything, its not like they will be inside the house :)

Ever seen horse hoof divots in the ground?
A large horse can weigh up to 600kg+ and if spooked can do a hellava lot of damage.

We have shown horses for 30 yrs around the country and can categorically state that not all horse owners are so called "better class".

Tribunal should issue an immediate order on this.

when I 1st read the topic and then about dogs, I thought the story was going to move to asking for a doberman.

A horse in the backyard - a whole other level.

When I read the title, I thought you meant they had a really big dog like a Great Dane or something, but it's an actual horse!

Awesome.

Whats your mane reason for rejecting it so quickly?

Rein this lot in quickly.

I'd take the bit between the teeth and trot down to that fine stable of magistrates for a decision. You should win by a nose.

Still no luck, saddle up for a showdown with the mayor of the Shire.

We have shown horses for 30 yrs around the country and can categorically state that not all horse owners are so called "better class".

Please quote where I said 'every single person who has a horse is a better class' of person.

I said *generally* and yes, I believe that people who own horses are *generally* people that I wouldnt mind in an investment property because *generally* they are people who have more care for themselves and their horses and *generally* lead better lives and *generally* have more money and jobs to pay for expensive horses.

So sick of people like yourself not understanding that a statement can be made encompassing a large or significant part of a group without referring to every single person in that group and coming out with inane comments like 'well i know a guy who owns a horse and he is an utter pig so you must be wrong'.

Learn to read

Rein this lot in quickly.

I'd take the bit between the teeth and trot down to that fine stable of magistrates for a decision. You should win by a nose.

Still no luck, saddle up for a showdown with the mayor of the Shire.

Stop the horseplay Dazz. You never take anything seriously, come galloping in shooting off as usual.

OP, I suggest you seek advice from the canter at your local church. He can probably give advice on what shod be done.

So sick of people like yourself not understanding that a statement can be made encompassing a large or significant part of a group without referring to every single person in that group and coming out with inane comments like 'well i know a guy who owns a horse and he is an utter pig so you must be wrong'.

Learn to read

Woah there MangoMadness. You need to back up a bit.

I didn't see anywhere in The Fence's post where he had a dig at you. All a generalisation.

On the other hand, I actually took a little bit off offense at your suggestion that they maybe good Tenants because they have decided to have a horse in a suburban back yard. Unless,.... hey you aren't my tenant are you?:rolleyes:

I am mad as hell that they have a bloody big horse in MY IP's backyard. Don't care if they are horse lovers or not. My first thought was about the damage that it could do to the turf, plants and fences. Probably got it tethered to the clothes line oh goody, what damage have we got here!

I am fairly certain that a no pets on the lease does not give permission to throw the horse in the back yard, and a garden shed should not be considered to be a tack room or stable! Then again for all I know it might be sleeping in the warmth of the third bedroom!:eek:

I would probably prefer that the horse was inside doing damage, as at least it would be malicious damage and covered by insurance. Yuk imagine 'mucking out' the house, not a nice thought.

Sunshine

Your property will be quarantined off if the horse comes down with the Hendra virus !

Not a good advert for future tenents.

Please quote where I said 'every single person who has a horse is a better class' of person.

I said *generally* and yes, I believe that people who own horses are *generally* people that I wouldnt mind in an investment property because *generally* they are people who have more care for themselves and their horses and *generally* lead better lives and *generally* have more money and jobs to pay for expensive horses.

Learn to read

Heck....! You reckon I should learn to read??
I reckon I should learn to mind read instead.

Some classic comments in this thread. I am going to shoot them off to a comedian friend, as I do believe he could use them. I will claim credit, as he would be confused with a “list of credits”. Remember he is a comedian, not an intellectual property investor as you all are. Should there be royalties for my “credits” ie food and beverage etc, I will post the venue to enjoy same at least 2 days after the event occurred …… thanks …. :0

Back