How accurate is 'house.ksou.cn'?

**** knows where the data comes from. It's kind of like a buying a film on dvd from China. Some of them are great. Others are terrible handycam recordings in a movie theatre.

The site has discussed on here a bit before.

I just looked up 3 purchases of mine, prices are 100% accurate, current rent is only listed for one (also accurate) but many other details are way out (land size, agent, distance to station, number of bed/bath/car).

You get what you pay for..

You are comparing 2007 price with 2014 price I think.

house.ksou.cn is quite accurate. You just have to be careful when comparing properties. Especially for units and townhouses.

They get their data from scraping RE agent website sold prices.

Ah yes Andrew you are correct.. I read the May 2013 shown in the rent section instead of the 2007 date of sale.. If only we could turn back time.. ha!

Although the Glen Waverley property I also linked would have been bargain of the century if that figure is correct..

House.ksou.cn shows one of my properties $20k above what I paid and the other isn't listed due to private sale.. Other than that I've found he site to be reasonably reliable.

I've found the ksou site to be accurate. I find it annoying that one of our houses has the wrong photo on RPData and also the wrong sale price on RPData. I cannot compare it with what is available on ksou because it is too long ago.

I love ksou but find it annoying that typing in a particular street brings up many streets. It would be nice to be able to filter it by street. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Does anybody else find this happens?

I love ksou but find it annoying that typing in a particular street brings up many streets. It would be nice to be able to filter it by street. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Does anybody else find this happens?
I have the same issue. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I have played around with it and it just seems to have poor filtering.

BR

My last purchase was undisclosed but they seem to have picked a random amount from nowhere... Many other properties I've looked at are accurate though.

Hi Dan

I find that you do need to triangulate your data. The paid reports are not always accurate. The main data providers are RP Data, APM, Residex and SQM research. You can use secondary sites, but it's good to know the data underpinning or informing them.

Also, as suggested by others, use recent sales data, do your own analysis, and cross check it with other methods and estimates.

Cheers

Jen.

Back