How do you cope with not being able to buy everything?

How do you cope with not being able to buy everything?

Does that make any sense? I like looking at realestate.com.au and keeping an eye on the market. During my prowls I see projects that I could do and make money on.

They are not 'the ones which got away' they are 'the ones you cannot have RIGHT now' and it kinda sucks.

I know rationally when I'm ready to do a project I look at all the options and choose the best one. But when I'm not ready for a project I don't have to choose and they all look good :)

It can be difficult.
A few times I have looked at pushing my luck and trying to buy another property for our portfolio, but then reality steps in and I go back to just dreaming.
I am however, going back into fulltime work next year, and as I will have a couple of months off over the next xmas, so thinking, if I time it right, I could buy a project house towards the end of the year, ready to move in and reno over my work break......its food for thought at the moment.

I think the regular looking allows you to keep and eye on the markets, so no harm done there, and it keeps the momentum up to get in and buy the next place

Hi Westminster,

I have experienced this. Had a development underway and all my money tied up. I kept seeing fantastic deals that I knew would work, but wasn't in a position to purchase them. I found other parties looking to do developments that had cash to invest, but didn't have the expertise. We formed JVs and are splitting the profits. Have 3 JV deals currently lined up with around $2.5 million profit between them.

I couldn't have done any of them without bringing partners onboard. The profits from these deals and what I have done on my own, will allow me to leave my job in about a year.

Cheers,
Matt

When I was younger I would cry but now that im older and wiser I remind myself that everything is impermanent and sing that Rolling Stones song, "you can't always get what you want".

Back