how do you find deleted threads

gone... is gone.... is gone. :rolleyes: Unless it is recent enough that a mod remembers it..... if it was delete-worthy then surely it is memorable?

if the thread has been moved to the trashcan then you won't find it...but if it's a "soft delete" then the thread will remain in the forum with an explanation of the deletion.

hi all
very interesting.
here today gone tomorrow .
if gone, its gone not sure the reasoning but someone must have struck a nerve.

hi lizzy
you will never know now
gsj knows as he replied and I posted all about it.
and I don't like to repost.
but it is a market that you would invest in, should invest in and and if your into managed funds are already investing in.
it a market that is in the news currently and alot of hype about what it is so I did a one page on what it is and how it works.
but someone didn't what you to know, so thats fine by me and I will keep that bit of information to myself.
so its back to work

Yes I read it and your one page reply, but didn't get a chance to reply further...not sure why/what happened with this one?

GSJ

This tread was even more interesting in that
it was not advertising anything but was giving a very interesting insight into an area that will need to have a light shone at it.
it is in an area that I am currently looking at and I did make that very clear
I would like to understand the reasoning of why or who deleted it.
the only other thread that disappear in this way
was from someone that said I had stole his idea when
in fact it was not his idea and it was not my idea
it was the information about a unlisted hedge fund
that by the way has done about 75% to date in under 12 months
and if that was his idea, he's up with trump,
and that post came from similar paperwork as this gone tread
and this one I was asking who's going.
I would think in this day and age that you can flag a deletion or block it off and then if you can see that it needs to be flicked thats ok but tell the postee why it was flicked before you flick it.
funny world this
there is more power with a key board then a gun and just as in the olden days if we don't understand it kill it and then do an autopsy on the carkass
the same here if you don't understand it try to steal it or destroy it
that will solve that problem.
well for me I think you let things like this flow to the keeper it is not my loss.
why
because unlike the people that flick things they don't understand,
I do understand it and thats all I need to know
I post for information and for this tread to be deleted would have required a mod to do it and if there is no way of following that trail thats a problem for the mods and the owners
I still have my copy and no I won't be reposting it on principal.
I will take my info and keep it

When somebody raises concern about a post, we move it pending discussion.

We don't, despite implications which have been raised, do this very often.

And there have been a number of times when, after discussion, a thread has been restored.

The concern was raised in this thread that something was being sold or promoted, or an implied request for fundraising was being made, which is against the spirit of the forum, and something which could get the forum into trouble.

But, to be honest, it is difficult to determine the intention of the post.

To give a background on where we intervene.

Most of the few threads which have "mysteriously disappeared" are blatant spam.

Some others have been removed on threat of legal action- or before threat of legal action where inappropraite things have been said.

Naturally, we do not want to publicise these sort of removals.

On occasion, some posts have become nothing more than personal attacks, often made in anger. These add nothing to a thread- they usually detract from it. Usually, but not always, such posts have an indication that they were removed, sometimes with a reason.

Taking the appropriate action can be a difficult decision. We try to make the forum a better place, a place where we can discuss in a friendly way, without being attacked, spammed or solicited. We don't always make the correct decision. But I do feel the forum is a better, more friendly place to be, as a result.

hi all
I think that this post has become more then I thought it should be
as I have been informed that the reason that this tread was removed was because it was seen as solicition.
this is very interesting to me and I have voiced my opinion to les as he pm me and i would like to voice it here
I do not like to as a rule point a finger
but geoff the issue here is solicitation and can you tell me
at the bottom of your post you have a link that take you to a act subway store and if you hit that link
it takes you to this store
now this post has nothing to do with subway yet it invites me to hit the link in blue do you see this as solicitation ??
because if you don't
I do and I think that most people that have been in marketing will tell you that its called hook marketing and is train in both subway, mcdonald, hungry jacks and tricon( kfc) and is in there manuals
how do I know because I was one of the people that put it there.
this tread was removed because people thought that it was soliciting people to join some thing
and from re reading it
it did not
but reading this post and hitting the subway blue link
yes for me that would be it very blatent saying hit this link and you go to a subway in the act
which I don't really want to go to but thats by the side and thats the hook.
we seem to have alot of double standards here( subway is just an example and look at your own before pointing the finger)
I have a copy of the post and it has nothing in it that has asked for any type of fund raising
it was asking who is going to this seminar and how these group organise there funding,
and this bit is very interesting
"a better place, a place where we can discuss in a friendly way, without being attacked, spammed or solicited"
this is very interesting as it seems to be from my view the following,
a better place, a place where we can discuss in a friendly way "as long as the view is in line with mine and you don't upset my apple cart", without being attacked "unless I am attacking you in which case you can take your ball and go home", spammed "unless its from me and I don't like your information and then we will call it spam and it will get deleted" or solicited " "unless you have posted before and then you can add anything you like as long as we like you and you add .com or a link and say nice things"
for me
I would like to have if a tread is removed thats fine but the mod that removed it says why and if it was geoff( and I am using him as an example and by the way I no problem with the link as I think subway is better then the other fast foods)and he says thats this thread is solicitation then lets debate is this thread solicition or not.
I think you do need to have a standard rule and as I said to les
I think that from my change of my signature the rules seems to be very flexable
for the people that want to flex them and yes this is not a democrasy but its not one rule for one and a very different rule for another.
I have no problem with flicking spam or if its liable then tell the poster that t will be deleted at this date and close of the post again thats ok but there are post's two so far of mine that I just can't get my head around and solicition which has been told to me just does not make sense but thats me.
by the way you can't join most of these equity funds they are invitation only and they are not from a link at the bottom of a board.
my .002

Hi Gross

Part of the challenge with your work lies in the interpretation and/or the intent.

I have said it before, .........because most of us do NOT have the Gross translator Version 7.0, nor the time to learn a new language on the fly, you must sometimes expect whats happened here.

Your intent is grossly unclear in many posts, yet sometimes there is distinct clarity in what you intend to say.

If you are in a place where there is a specific form of language used, dont be surprised if the people you are trying to communicate with cant understand and often misunderstand your communication.

Moderators give their time freely and without malice.

To suggest otherwise, and that they should spend their time arguing what is and what isnt a moderation issue on an open thread is in my view not acceptable.

I say accept the view of the umpire and move on to more constructive things.

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

I do and I think that most people that have been in marketing will tell you that its called hook marketing and is train in both subway, mcdonald, hungry jacks and tricon( kfc) and is in there manuals
how do I know because I was one of the people that put it there.
:) Grossreal,why worry about it just keep it all to yourself,btw in Queensland
we use 4 hooks even when the first 3 miss the 4th always hit's the mark.
good luck willair........

Back