How do you think of this property in Enoggera

No way! Since when does the government pay "fair value" that the owner thinks is fair?

We are not talking about resuming anything. The roadway corridor was left vacant at least 40 years ago when I was a child and they built in the "Hollywood" estates off Trouts Rd at Everton Park.

Haha, Angel, from the satellite map, you can clearly recognise the long line of Hollywood park until to M3 at Carseldine.

hello
in the event a property is resumed, like they have done in NSW for various projects i believe one gets a decent compensation.
- advantage
no need to pay selling fees
stamp duty exemption for next purchase
fair valuation

any thoughts ?

thokkotu, both properties will not be resumed. And I don't think property resumption is good to vendor, since the vender has to waste a lot of energy, time and money to find another property.

In saying that, I think every property can be a good buying if you have got the price right.

I cant see how it would impact Laurel St. Your traffic can get out at Sicklefield Rd.

Someone is about to build the South Pine Rd-Stafford Rd section that will bypass the main EP shopping Centre. It may be the Govt or they may be getting the developers of the new shopping centre to build it.

A few years ago they completed the Bridgeman Rd extension and widening from Beckets Rd to Carseldine, to the left (west) of the corridor. A massive project that takes traffic directly joining Linkfield Rd and connecting to the Motorway at Carseldine/Bald Hills. They are currently upgrading the Wardell St-Samford Rd intersection at Enoggera. Labor "promised" a fly-over but Campbell reduced it to widening the intersection when he was elected.

Next time I go to Bunnings at Carseldine I'll have to check out what exactly they are doing around Ridley Rd.

Thank you very much Angel for your info! I just wondered whether those "Hollywood estate" will become railway line between Alderley and Strathpine instead of highway. It seems neither will happen in ten years time.

Thank you very much Angel for your info! I just wondered whether those "Hollywood estate" will become railway line between Alderley and Strathpine instead of highway. It seems neither will happen in ten years time.

What a great idea. I haven't heard that one talked about before. Should I write to the local member and tell him you suggested it?

I doubt the state govt likes train lines. A few years ago they ordered some new trains but had them built two inches too tall to fit inside the main tunnel that goes under the CBD.

Back