How does money end up in limbo??

I've been paying my body corporate fees using Bpay for the last two years without a problem. The details are saved in my internet banking and I do the same thing every time. My body corporate are now chasing an amount of money, which I definately paid and have been through my records to check. They insist they never got the money so I ring my bank. They investigate and send me a letter saying that DEFT have told them the amount was credited to Biggles! WTF? :confused: Firstly, how... when I paid using Bpay with the body corporate information, and secondly, it's not in my bank account. So who has it? :mad: It's after hours so have to wait until tomorrow for an answer, it's just annoying all this ringing around when I can't see how it could have gone wrong! So much for computers... I think I'm more reliable than those stupid machines. ;)

I've been paying my body corporate fees using Bpay for the last two years without a problem. The details are saved in my internet banking and I do the same thing every time. My body corporate are now chasing an amount of money, which I definately paid and have been through my records to check. They insist they never got the money so I ring my bank. They investigate and send me a letter saying that DEFT have told them the amount was credited to Biggles! WTF? :confused: Firstly, how... when I paid using Bpay with the body corporate information, and secondly, it's not in my bank account. So who has it? :mad: It's after hours so have to wait until tomorrow for an answer, it's just annoying all this ringing around when I can't see how it could have gone wrong! So much for computers... I think I'm more reliable than those stupid machines. ;)

Biggles, Hi.
Seems like maybe there was a mistake with either the bsb, acc number or acc name that did not match up and the payment has bounced. It will probably take a day or so for it to "show up" in your account again.
That's my bet anyhow!:)

Boods

Nope, the bank letter says this occurred 19 days ago and still not in my account! And the account details can't be wrong, I didn't input them. They are one of my saved payments so I just click on them and it brings the same details forward. Stupid computers. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way, I love internet banking and never having to physically walk into a bank again! :)

I did a cut-and-paste oopsie (missed the last digit) on internet banking one time buying something trivial off eBay and it bounced. It didn't take 19 days but it did take well over a week, I can't remember the specifics. So it is possible for money to just disappear for a reasonably extended time. My bank sent me a letter to say it bounced.

I contacted DEFT, they tell me the money DID go to my body corporate afterall. :rolleyes: I was insistent with body corporate last week that I had definately paid and they checked twice and told me they never got it. DEFT told body corporate to take it up with them direct, so I'm done with it. If they want their money, they can sort it out. As far as I'm concerned, I've paid it.

This is the reason I don't use BPay.

I checked it out when it started up, but the bottom line is that if anything goes wrong with the transaction for whatever reason BPay takes no responsibility for errors or delays, even if it is THEIR fault.

For that reason I prefer to pay direct onto my credit card. But now the CC is starting to put on surcharges, I may go back to the old fashioned cheque at the Post Office.
Marg

But now the CC is starting to put on surcharges, I may go back to the old fashioned cheque at the Post Office.
Marg

Call me young...but doesn't issuing cheques cost money too?? At least parents always said they cost about $1 each or something?

Forgetting petrol to get to the post office and the subsequent postage, which is now up to 60cents!

Depends on the size of the bill, you'd have to weigh up your options...

Call me young...but doesn't issuing cheques cost money too?? At least parents always said they cost about $1 each or something?

I have a cheque book attached to one of my accounts, but my parents use it more than I do! My account has unlimited transactions due to my package fee with my loans and doesn't cost me anything so I can write any number of cheques for free. However, I don't use cheques unless I really have to. They are slow and you have to either travel or pay for postage. Credit card is always my first preference for a payment, but if someone doesn't take it or charges a surcharge I refuse to use it, and go the Bpay method. Bpay is fantastic, I've been using it for years and this is my first problem. Which isn't even a Bpay problem, it was my body corporate who, I have no idea how, overlooked it more than once depsite my insistance of it being paid.

Cheques are free with my account. And there are post offices close to work and in the local shopping centres. The only advantage of the CC is that I don't have to pay until after the 55 days interest free period (and get the points).
Marg

Back