How easy is it to get a Line of Credit from NAB?

Hi guys

I've only ever refinanced to buy new properties and ended up with offsets against loan accounts.

I'm in the process of renovating an IP, and I would like to have it revalued post-renovation and refinance to the higher amount with the extra funds sitting in an LoC. I want the LoC arrangement as I don't really have any urgency to buy now and would prefer to wait for the right opportunity to invest in the next property (whenever that might be).

I just wanted to know whether applying for a refinance with LoC is the exact same process as when I ask NAB for a refinance to purchase another property? Is LoC harder to obtain than the latter eg: do I need to have greater income / serviceability to get the LoC?

Thank you in advance.

Same rules apply - they look at your serviceability, employment history, LVR and the security type. No different from a refi really - accept it should be a bit quicker as it's an internal application rather than an external refi from another lender.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Cadence,

One possible difference is that you wont have the future rental income from the property you will be eventually be buying to take into account. This means sometimes a LOC or cash out before the next property is located can be a bit hard if serviceability is tight.

Also nab can also be a bit finny about LOC's from my experience, they make you sign a declaration as to your understanding of the risks involved in investing.

Back