How have obtained discounts by buying in bulk ?

At the moment we need to purchase 6 air-conditioners for delivery in two different cities. The expectation is that we can get a discount by negotiating a bulk purchase with the supplier.

I have read about property investors who just stock up on things likes tapware whenever there is a clearance and then just use them over time.

I was wondering how the mult-property renovaters here have approached bulk purchasing to take advantage of bulk buying.

I would think you should be able to negotiate a nice discount if you are buying six air-conditioners in one go.

We don't bulk buy as such, but right now in our garage we have a bathroom vanity and several choices of tap ware, two toilets, a wall hung sink, a glass hinged shower screen, a 90cm freestanding gas cooker and range hood, all waiting for upcoming planned renovations.

I buy these things when the prices are good, knowing we will use them before too long. I've bought four dishwashers this past year, different times, but I now go directly to one man at the Good Guys or use Appliances Online. I've also bought from Gumtree if the price is good and the item is new or near new.

I also stock up on eyelet curtains and have enough for at least one whole house if we ever need to swap over between tenants.

I've bought four dishwashers this past year, different times, but I now go directly to one man at the Good Guys or use Appliances Online.

Actually now I think of it - we will also being looking at dishwashers, front loading washing machines, ovens and cooktops in multiple. Need to really think through this appliances purchasing.

Actually now I think of it - we will also being looking at dishwashers, front loading washing machines, ovens and cooktops in multiple. Need to really think through this appliances purchasing.

Could even try hit up Harvey Norman Commercial or something like that?

I don't so much bargain down when buying in bulk, as opposed to buying in bulk when the prices are cheap. I've never really managed a good enough discount for bulk work.

Storage is the biggie, and could the item get damaged whilst lying around. I have mirrors, vanities and windows.

Actually I just dropped a few $k on kitchenware. Purchased Staub and Le Creuset at 15% of original price and a whole lot of other kitchenware now sitting in storage. Hopefully not getting rusty.

If you can wait winter you could consider Fujitsu's cash offer. When we bought ours they gave us back $200 for every unit; we bought 6 units for our own PPOR.

At the moment we need to purchase 6 air-conditioners for delivery in two different cities. The expectation is that we can get a discount by negotiating a bulk purchase with the supplier.

I have read about property investors who just stock up on things likes tapware whenever there is a clearance and then just use them over time.

I was wondering how the mult-property renovaters here have approached bulk purchasing to take advantage of bulk buying.

Back