how here works swings / away often.....

who here works swings / away often.....

how many ppl here work away often... do you think that it affects the way you look at IP, relationships, mates, ie.....

I work away a lot, and i think that i have a lot of negative thoughts about a lot of things doing the job i do in regareds to family life,

What do others think that work away from home on a reg baises??

i travel interstate twice a week for overnight trips..........no big deal nowdays now my kids are growing up but years ago it did put a strain on my wife who was left to manage the household often..........

would i change anything if i had the time over again???

yep i definitely would...i missed out on quite a lot regarding family...but i can make up for it now to some degree as i can pick when i go and for how long since i now run my own business.....

no choice before working for someone else....

i think to be away from loved ones you really have to have a strong family bond especially with your wife/husband............i saw many colleagues stray when away..in turn it caused many marriage breakdowns..

my two cents worth..

Interesting post... I too find myself wondering the same things. I am in the Air Force and just about to be posted to Victoria for 3 years, leaving behind good mates and friends.

I am constantly away from home and as I type this I am in Darwin. It's trips like these that make me want to work harder and harder to secure my financial future so I can say NO one day, that day is in 2016 or close to it, I will be 43 by then :eek:

I am constantly away from home and as I type this I am in Darwin. It's trips like these that make me want to work harder and harder to secure my financial future so I can say NO one day, that day is in 2016 or close to it, I will be 43 by then :eek:

You don't look a day over 30. You must be doing something right.
I've decided to put a time limit on pulling the plug myself. Around April-June 2010. It's out there now. Locked in.

Good work Rob!

I'm actually hoping to do the same myself by this time in 2011.

That gives me plenty of time, I've been going gangbusters as of late so I can reach that goal, shouldn't be a worry and it's a really good feeling knowing I can exit the rat-race so early on in my life but I still wish I'd started much earlier..

Well done once again, you're an inspiration to so many.

You don't look a day over 30. You must be doing something right.
I've decided to put a time limit on pulling the plug myself. Around April-June 2010. It's out there now. Locked in.

I work on a 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off fly in fly out job.

It can be hard as sometimes you are away for birthdays, xmas etc but you have any parties etc before you leave or when you get home.

I actually see more of my family than I would if I was to stay home and work from 7:30 to say 5-6 then work a Saturday just to try and save anything.

I would get home in time for dinner then play with my boy for an hour before he goes to bed.

Working away allowes/allowed me to see my boy crawl,walk and talk for the first time, I take him swimming, to the park, to play group etc something that to me is priceless and I would not have had the chance if I had to stay home and work.

Regards

Regrow

Back