How many forumites does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Adding Value forum

2 to argue then move it to the Property Management forum

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to delete spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they retired from the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because it takes too long for the thread to load

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

5 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

162 to start duplicate threads on the previous 22 posters' thoughts

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months later and start it all over again...

2 to hijack the thread with posts vaguely related to changing light bulbs, such as whether toilet paper rolls should be hung "inny" or "outy"

7 Administrators to discuss privately whether the thread should be moved to another forum, and if so which one, and if the hijacks should be peeled off into separate threads

5 spam message on pharmaceutical products

20 responses to the 5 spams

That is so funny :)
You are the funniest blue muppet ever!

That is a very good post about light bulbs...but please get a receipt (check with an accountant) but I believe it would be tax deductible.

HiJack, Should the roll be fitted inny or outy

I prefer Outy, I like the way the roll just comes to you
so, unfortunately do the cats

This, should be ignored,

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

Well said Geoff.

Never a truer word written in Jest! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
May I say it's always wise to have back up, otherwise you may end up out on a limb...with no back up...and stuck.

But that's not why I'm here, I am here to tell you about tripping the light fantastic...why it's...it's...fantastic.

May the light be with you all...and if not, then I guess that just leaves you in the damn dark...again!

Attachments

• let there be light but at what risk 003.jpg
    let there be light but at what risk 003.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 48
Geoff

Your brain most be on writing posts the whole time you are "subbing"

I am an "outy" too, in fact my son is as well and if I accidentally put it on as an "inny" and he visits then he changes it

Don't think we have hi-jacked (or hijacked??) sufficiently yet :D

Chris

Back