How Many IP's Do you have?

Currently 2 IP's but one of them may be my PPOR one day. Currently looking and have offer on another. Not happy Jan! I was supposed to have 5 by 30 and only have 13 months to go!!! HELP! ANYONE CAN GIVE ME A PROPERTY?

I was supposed to have 5 by 30 and only have 13 months to go!!!

Bart: Look, lady, I'm s'posed to be in the 4th grade
Teacher: Sounds to me like someone's got a case of the spose'das

Here's another: "Most ppl overestimate what they can do in 1 year but underestimate what they can do in 10."

10 buildings
or
--
Unit Report as of 4/18/09

Unit
b #1 Apt 01 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 02 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 03 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 04 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 05 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 06 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 07 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 08 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 09 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 10 224 Victoria
b #1 Apt 11 224 Victoria
b #2 Apt 28 Bomber
b #3 Apt 3 Blois
b #4 Apt 96 Arthur
b #5 Apt 94 Peppard
b #6 Apt 01 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 02 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 03 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 04 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 05 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 06 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 07 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 08 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 09 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 10 164 Farnham
b #6 Apt 11 164 Farnham
b #7 Apt 48 Andys
b #8 Apt 01 58 Dominion
b #8 Apt 02 58 Dominion
b #8 Apt 03 58 Dominion
b #8 Apt 04 58 Dominion
b #8 Apt 05 58 Dominion
b #9 Apt 05 Montgomery
b #9 Apt 15 Montgomery
b #9 Apt 21 Montgomery
b #9 Apt 29 Montgomery
b #9 Apt 37 Montgomery
b #10 Apt 113 Johnson

this many tenants

not much capital growth, only averaging 20%/year
but hugely cash++

Last edited:
I've got a massive portfolio of o n e property.

:cool:

The mightiest waterfall begins with a single drop.
Like Rixter says, you've already put yourself in the top 5% of the general population.
You can't get 2, 5 or 10 if you bever get 1. Congrats to you for making the bold move and giving it a go!

I only have the 5 but 6 and maybe 7 is in the pipeline.....

Tremendous effort Battler and AlmostBob. And congratulations to you too Rob and everyone else that is at least having a go.

Cheers

As always - confusion about rentable property versus sale-able property

So counting doors we can rent out 55 doors of which one is a factory unit, which would generate the equivalent of about 7 rentals. At the moment this has been on the market for 4 months lots of lookers but the market is flooded.:(

40 distinct sale-able IP's.

This has been accumulated over 23 years. LVR about 10%

As has been mentioned by a number of posters, in various posts, it is related to income and how you use that income. We elected to not buy the flash cars boats holiday house etc that come with high incomes but rather invest as funds became available and the time was right.

Cheers

As always - confusion about rentable property versus sale-able property

So counting doors we can rent out 55 doors of which one is a factory unit, which would generate the equivalent of about 7 rentals. At the moment this has been on the market for 4 months lots of lookers but the market is flooded.:(

40 distinct sale-able IP's.

This has been accumulated over 23 years. LVR about 10%

As has been mentioned by a number of posters, in various posts, it is related to income and how you use that income. We elected to not buy the flash cars boats holiday house etc that come with high incomes but rather invest as funds became available and the time was right.

Cheers

The question is handyandy, are you buying fancy cars and flash boats now???

The question is handyandy, are you buying fancy cars and flash boats now???

No!! Simply not into them as a rule. besides its real hard to tow a trailer behind a Ferrari, they are just so low down:eek::D

My weakness is tools - my latest purchase is a trailer based cherry picker. Mind you even this is justified on the basis of needing one to do about 3 months of 'high' work on a number of unit blocks. I hate working on ladders.

Cheers

That's how we have operated as well ;)

101 shitty properties

I am down to a block of 5 townhouses and only 7 houses. All under 5yrs old.
Had a lot more property that were older and constantly needed work And only ever got second rate tenants.
Sold down during the boom :D
Cashed up and rid of problems. Will buy back into property when i can see a profit in it.
I don't believe it is how many properties you have. But the quality, the cashflow , the potential for capital gain and the SANITY factor that matters.
N0 good owning 100 shitty properties that constantly drain you of $$ and emotionally with daily problems :eek:

I do now have a weakness to a new car every twelve months and like to travel.

But I am getting older :( Time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. :cool:

Gee Cee

2 IPs with an offer made on a 3rd.

Oh so true Rob about a rainfall begins with one drop.
We can not believe how much easier it has become to get a loan compared to the first

I am down to a block of 5 townhouses and only 7 houses. All under 5yrs old.
Had a lot more property that were older and constantly needed work And only ever got second rate tenants.
Sold down during the boom :D
Cashed up and rid of problems. Will buy back into property when i can see a profit in it.
I don't believe it is how many properties you have. But the quality, the cashflow , the potential for capital gain and the SANITY factor that matters.
N0 good owning 100 shitty properties that constantly drain you of $$ and emotionally with daily problems :eek:

I do now have a weakness to a new car every twelve months and like to travel.

But I am getting older :( Time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. :cool:

Gee Cee

I like the sound of this...maybe I will buy some crappy ones now for a future sell down later...:)

And you hit the nail right on its noggin, people are getting older, sooner or later you have to enter the gratification stage and start enjoying the sacrifices you made earlier...

I'm hearing your experience come through loud and clear on that one GC. Nice one.

Back