How much are Legals for Sub-division of Dwellings

Hi Guys,

Any ideas how much it'll cost me to sub-divide my 3 Dwelling Development incase I want to sell 2 of them, even roughly?

TIA

Hi TIA

When I did a dual-occ in Ringwood in 2002 it cost me $27,500

Survey Fees, Drafting, Council Permit Application Fees, Contributions (levies for Open Space, sharing Electricity, Parks & Gardens, Drainage, Gas Mains, Sewer Mains etc), Surveying & New Fencing, S.173 Agreement Costs, Permission of Mortgagee & changing of Mortgage Documents,

This did not include the $48,500 Cash Bond I had to lodge with the Council as a surety that the Engineering, Paving & Drainage conditions and the Landscaping conditions of the Planning Permit would be completed as required.

If you build first and subdivide later when the whole project is complete, you can avoid having to lodge the cash bond.

Hope this helps
Kristine

Thanks guys, I have budgeted for $15k just for the sub-division but I've been told it won't be that much now, I've been told around the $5-$7k mark just for this bit, does that sound right?

Greater Geelong area

Anyone done any subdivisions in the Greater Geelong Region? Lets say a typical block of 650 and split into two. Keep the front and subdivide the back and then possibly sell the back. How much would it cost to subdivide the back only? Has anyone done this in this area?

Back