How much do I need in Retirement

You work for yourself though..right?

I think when you run your own business, you enjoy the interaction, and "stuff" that goes along with it.

Yes that's probably the primary element there. Having said that, I think most people would get bored doing nothing all day.

It seems a lot of property investors keep working. Is that because their rentals can't fund their retirement, at least to the level they expect it to be?

We keep working but we have worked for ourselves now for 20 years and I was contracting for 4 years before that.

For 12 of those years we were working in an IT business and since closing this business have worked at upgrading / maintaining all our properties. We are down to the last 5 units to be completed and then we have completely refurbished all our units bar some stragglers that have long term tenants.

I could 'retire' right now just on our super and according to a recent calculator that was posted on SS could live of the super cash-flow indefinitely.

Yet we are currently trying to buy 2 warehouses.

I am really now just aiming to get the gross rent up to $1m - everybody needs a goal.;)

More to the point we invest as a family and my 2 sons will stand to benefit enormously from the efforts they have contributed over the last 8-9 years.

Cheers

Back