How much do you spend on petrol each week? How much do you spend on phone/ internet?

Curious what others expenses are on these items.
As a family we are spending about $200/wk on petrol, and $70/ wk on internet and phone.

Public transport in Melb can cost a heck of a lot more than petrol for many people!

The Y-man

yeah, petrol, car rego/maintenance, and parking can be a killer if you're commuting to the city. Public transport is on par or slightly better value if all you're doing with your car is commuting

As a family we are spending about $200/wk on petrol, and $70/ wk on internet and phone.

Hmm quite a bit less than that and I drive a guzzler.

$200/mth is internet, home phone and 3 mobiles ($15 + $39 + $39). So about $50 a week

$130/month on Internet & Home phone.
$60/month on me and my wifes mobile phone.
$60/Month on Diesel for my car.
$120/Month on Diesel fo wifes car.

Would be close to $100/week all up.

Edit: if we add in insurances and rego.
much closer to $150/week

Last edited:
I live alone.

Home internet is through the work mobile hotspotted to my laptop.
No home phone.
Work provided mobile phone, as stated.

I ride a motorcycle, ride a bicycle & occasionally drive a car.

All up, about $35pw for everything.

I do pay for 2 lots of motor vehicle insurance and registration per annum...

Internet ends up being $17.50 per week
Fuel/Vehicle Expenses - Work provides
Mobile - Work provides

:D

Last edited:
Why are people paying 200 bucks a month for internet; isn't there a lot of internet and phone packages for 79 bucks a month unlimited for both calls and data? I'm on 59 bucks a month unlimted which includes line rental.

Why are people paying 200 bucks a month for internet; isn't there a lot of internet and phone packages for 79 bucks a month unlimited for both calls and data? I'm on 59 bucks a month unlimted which includes line rental.

Not available all areas, even though it is offered by national companies.

I pay $164 a month for home phone, internet & ipad, plus another $49 per month for my mobile. Hubby's mobile is paid for by his work.

We run two cars, but it would cost less than $50 per week for fuel, as Hubby only drives his to the station to catch the train, & I only drive locally most days.

$72 / month on internet / phone
About $30 / week on petrol as I drive a stupidly big petrol car around town (but it's cheaper to continue to do so than change over unfortunately)
Work supplied mobile / ipad

per month, DINC.

$70 on internet/land line
$20 on my mobile (handset purchased outright)
$10 on wife's mobile (handset purchased outright)
$260 on fuel for my car (25km to work + weekends/weeknights/trips)
$130 on fuel for wife's car (25km to work..rarely used on weekends)

Petrol for my car - about $30 per week
Petrol for motorbike - $30 per week commute plus outings on the weekend(weekend rides - sanity budget)
Parking in city for Mbike - about $20 on the street or $10 a day under cover

Landline and internet - $111 per month. Landline will have to go $25 per week - Internet is heavily used by four people
Mobiles $64 per month or $15 per week. Mine is very under-utilised, hubby's is essential for his work

Do we want to discuss alcohol expenses?

About $50.00 a week for petrol but I have several cars,$110.00 a month for the internet home phone and my Wives mobile phone,i don't have a mobile phone ,don't need one the homeline message service takes care of that..imho..

$25/wk - Two mobile phones, no landline
$20/wk - Internet
$80/wk - Two cars, one of which is a guzzler

$125/wk total

Actually scrap that, both cars are guzzlers (Commodores) but one takes the cake at an average burn of 16L/100km... more than a 4WD :eek:

Last edited:
Back