how much for solar hot water system?

How much does it roughly cost to purchase and install solar hot water system for a typical 2 bed house please?
I can't wait for AGL or Quotify to come back to me in a couple of days times after inspection, etc. I just need to get a rough idea. Doing some analysis: solar hot water system vs. gas instantaneous option.
Thanks heaps.

2 panel + 400L ground tank cost me close to $4K then subtract any rebates you are eligible to claim. Brand was ECOSMART (by DUX) and was an electric boost version (off-peak).

A smaller tank one will be cheaper but the cheapest version is the all-in-one roof mount type (EDWARDS/SOLAHART)

:eek:
crap. this BASIX is really getting on my nerves.
Nowadays, to get a pass mark of 40 on Energy Rating, you gotta have either Gas 4 star appliance or solar! Grrrrrrr so I gotta spend about $6,000! :eek:

And for Water Consumption part, I'm falling below 40 too because you have to use Rain Water Tank connection to at least toilets or laundry! I'd need 2000 litire with pump + special tank for toilets all installed for about $5,500! :confused:

Gosh, I'm starting to hate this BASIX stuff. Thinking of moving to New Zealand now where there's no BASIX! :(

I used these guys to supply our unit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Best-val...?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item337f1a0479

We installed this about 3 years ago.

Total cost including installation was around the $2k mark (Son is a plumber)

I couldn't see it costing more than $2k for an independent plumber to install a unit.

So would have cost me about the $4k mark all up without my sons help.

Cheers

PS We never applied for the NSW State subsidy as they would have dropped us from the off peak rate for the booster.

PS We never applied for the NSW State subsidy as they would have dropped us from the off peak rate for the booster.

Not saying your wrong but I had mine installed in about 2009 in NSW with an electric off-peak booster and claimed all the rebates (STC/NSW Govt/Federal) and never lost the off-peak or was denied any rebate.

All up it cost $4K and then I got about $1700 back in STC discount and rebate.

Strange???

Not saying your wrong but I had mine installed in about 2009 in NSW with an electric off-peak booster and claimed all the rebates (STC/NSW Govt/Federal) and never lost the off-peak or was denied any rebate.

All up it cost $4K and then I got about $1700 back in STC discount and rebate.

Strange???

Very strange!!!

Mind you I didn't pursue it further at the time, after my initial info gathering, as I was happy with the $2k all up price. This price was with the supplier taking the REC's.

I believe if I had been able to claim the State rebates etc then the whole install would have cost $400. I don't think there are anymore state rebates available. Even back then any state rebates didn't apply to new build installations.

Cheers

I used these guys to supply our unit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Best-val...?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item337f1a0479

We installed this about 3 years ago.

Total cost including installation was around the $2k mark (Son is a plumber)

I couldn't see it costing more than $2k for an independent plumber to install a unit.

So would have cost me about the $4k mark all up without my sons help.

Cheers

My plumber's quote is including supply and installation of the whole thing so I guess it ends up about the same. Thanks though. I'm in NSW though. The Ebay item above is in QLD. :(

Back