How to buy in Melbourne without buyers agent?

Most property for sale in Victoria are through auction from what I can see or no price tag. I'm researching to buy IP there. How can I gauge the price in the are I am interested in (for free that is)?

Go to the REIV website and view the auction results. Cross reference them with the properties you looked at earlier. That will give you a pretty good idea what range you should pay.

Pen and paper is handy for this as you'll forget what you looked at.

ive just looked at the REIV site....

you gotta pay for the individual sales....

bummer

I was thinking about looking at about 7 suburbs!
is there anyway to get the most information for free?? other then median prices?

One other thing you can do, which may be time consuming but worth it if you are serious, is to get access to The Age newspaper Sunday edition and look at the stats in the real estate section. You will see what has sold or passed in and for how much for each property in each suburb for that week. :)

On REIV, individual sales data etc costs, but auction results are free to view.
Auction results have very basic info of individual properties, including address, price sold or passed in, land size and agent etc.

But you'll need to cross ref with what you've seen earlier.

Most property for sale in Victoria are through auction from what I can see or no price tag. I'm researching to buy IP there. How can I gauge the price in the are I am interested in (for free that is)?

Curious - what's your thinking for buying in Melbourne rather than Sydney?

I don't understand why people keep thinking it is good to buy in Sydney than in other states.
houses in Sydney is too pricey at the moment. I prefer to buy in Melbourne than sydney ..however, i have never tried it before sorry can't help

I think it is best for you to fly down to the area where you want to buy
and look the area first before offer either before auction or after the auction.

if you have done this before please give "Mom" some tips.

Ive looked at those links a few times now,

don;t they just come up with median auction prices across entire VIC???
and a few top prices and lowest prices?

or am I missing something, or doing soemthing wrong>

Buy a Sunday Age, they will be available in the bigger newsagencies in Sydney. That REIV link is good if you're looking for a specific result, not so good if you want to keep a record of sales in a suburb over a couple of months.

Back