How to deal with wall cracks and chips

My PPOR is in desperate need of a repaint. Unfortuantely, due to a lot of building close to me there has been a lot of movement and there are fine cracks in the cornices and thin cracks in the walls. Also there is a lot of chips out of the area close the floor due to no skirting boards.

My question is...do I need a plasterer, or just a painter?

I am sensitive to chemicals and need the least toxic products. I got a quote on No Voc painting but the painter uses no gap which of course defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions appreciated,

My issue with most painters is that they will fill the cracks , but you can still see where they were . Most don't take the time to do it so you can't see it . It can be done . Check a few youtube videos .

If your prepared to DIY and spend a bit of time getting the hang of it you will be able to do a better job .

I'm happy to get tradies to do most things , but I still go round doing the cracks.

Nothing undermines a sale more than going around and seeing lots of cracks in walls .

Lucky our current house doesn't have any ....:eek:

Cliff

Hmmm....you could put an empty picture frame on the wall over the cracks and make it look like a work of art?

My issue with most painters is that they will fill the cracks , but you can still see where they were . Most don't take the time to do it so you can't see it . It can be done . Check a few youtube videos .

If your prepared to DIY and spend a bit of time getting the hang of it you will be able to do a better job .

I'm happy to get tradies to do most things , but I still go round doing the cracks.

Nothing undermines a sale more than going around and seeing lots of cracks in walls .

Lucky our current house doesn't have any ....:eek:

Cliff

Unfortunately not able to do it myself.....

Back