How to find age of property in QLD

I am in the process of purchasing a property in GCCC in QLD and want to find out the age of the building.

I rang the council at GC and they have no record of it.

How else would I find out the year of construction?

The agent estimated, but was not sure.

I am in the process of purchasing a property in GCCC in QLD and want to find out the age of the building.

Hello Cales

Whenever I've asked that question with regard to property that I've been inspecting in Cairns the agent has looked in the meter box and been able to tell from the date that appears there. I presume that when power is first connected to a property there must be a requirement that the date is shown with all the other specs. It might be worth a look anyway.

Cheers

yes, that's one way, or if it's a unit the date of registration of the strata plan or even have a look at the external garden tap! these are usually dated and are rarely replaced for some reason.

Under the kitchen sink there should be a Council sticker stating when the house was approved for occupancy and maybe a pest control sticker as well.

Cheers,

Bazza

Also it is worth while buying a house built after 1987 which will enable you to claim $5k - $6k depreciation on your annual tax.

Property built after 1987 for depreciation deductions of 2.5% for 40yrs (to 2027)
18 July 1985 to 15 Sept 1987 -> 4% for 25yrs (to 2010)

Cheers,

Bazza

Back