How to find Comparable Sales?

Hi, I'm after some advise as to finding comparable sales.

I'd like to find comparable sales to an IP i'm currently looking at and using it as a negotiation tool to make an offer to the vendor.

I've check out domain and most of the sold listing doesn't not disclose the price.

Also check out the sample suburb report on RP data for recently sold properties,
but i noticed they dont tell you the house/unit number when sold privately.

Which makes it kind of hard to use specific examples, if the area doesn't not have many auctions. Also i believe property sold privately is most likely to be cheaper.

Is there anywhere else that i can find this information?
Cause i'd like to narrow down my search before buying full report on just a few properties.

I'm in Melbourne by the way.

Thanks in advance!

You want sales evidence for all of Melbourne or perhaps just a suburb?

If the later, what suburb are you interested in, what is it a house or a unit?

How much land?

I'll see if I can send you something on the weekend.

Sorry to open an old thread. I am facing this very same problem. RightValue, could you please share how you go about finding comparable sales?

I am looking for 3br, 2bath on 500-600sqm in Mill Park, Vic. I have tried everything that OP mentioned and more. I'll be visiting the auctions over next couple of weeks to gain a better understanding of the current market but any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
gm12, are you paying $150 per mth? May i ask your way around finding out the sold date? This seems odd info to leave out to me.:confused:

PF is a great tool! yes it cost $150-250+ GST Per month. But it gives you all the data you want- you pay for what you get :)
1. Address
2. Sold date
3. Pic and info etc
4. vendors contact

Regards
Michael

gm12, are you paying $150 per mth? May i ask your way around finding out the sold date? This seems odd info to leave out to me.:confused:

I am paying $110 + GST for the SOLO package. The "way around" is time consuming so I only do it for the properties I am interested in. The steps I follow are : 1. I note down the street name and land size for the comparable property, 2. I then run a street report on the street that comparable property is on, 3. with bit of effort I find out the sold price/month/year by matching the land size.

The money is worth it imo.

Back