How to find Lease/Option, Rent to Own deals in Canberra

I've been educating myself on investing and have looked at a few different options.

I'm not quite ready to buy anything yet and don't have a deposit.

So, one option that could work for me to own my first property would be a rent-to own , lease/option deal.

My question is, how to you find these type of deals? For example, I rent an apartment through an agent in Canberra. If I wanted to try get a lease/option rent-to-buy deal with the place I'm currently living in, how would I go about approaching the owner?

Or if I was happy to move to another apartment in the same suburb, and wanted to put my rent towards a lease option, how is the best way to find a deal? Is there a database or website that lists these type of deals (particurlarly in Canberra)?

If anyone has any experience in these type of deals I've love to here your views

thanks

Keep an eye out in your local newspapers. They are quite common around where I am. You will see things like "No Bank Qualifying", "Rent to Own", Lease to Buy", "No Deposit Required", "Direct from Owner", etc. They are usually in small print.

Back