How to find the date an Add was placed online?

Hi all
Here is one thing I can't find via the search feature.
When surfing through the forsale setions on Domain or realestate.com, is there a way to see what the date was when the add was placed?
I guess that it is something the agents would want to keep to them selves, in case it may make them, and/or the property, look bad.
Be nice to know so it can be used as an added tool for searching through possabilitys quickly. The closest thing is "NEW", but that is just typicaly for the one agent, and next add could well be the same place for another agent.
Any hints?

hi

not sure, i've looked for it too but havent found.

What I do though is: When I see a new property listed on the site I copy and paste the info and type the date that it first appeared. Thats one way to go. You have to visit regurlarly though.

:)

What I have been doing is:
printing the full add to pdf (not on paper). You need adobe proffessional for this.
keeping it on file
linking the add pdf and web link via a hyperlink inside a spread sheet.
In the spread sheet add some quick details, price, location expected rent etc.

Sorry?
I didn't mean to be a smartarse there.
That method helps me comunicate potentials home, as I am on a ship in the nth sea at this moment.
PDF files are easier for me to email, rather then heaps of web links in an email.

On re.com.au you can sort by "latest listing".

This doesn't give dates, but DOES give you an idea of how long the property has been listed by looking at how many have been listed since.
Marg

very smart way to do it :D
but I don't understand how you link it to spread sheet via a hyperlink :confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmine

very smart way to do it
but I don't understand how you link it to spread sheet via a hyperlink

How I do this is when I find an Add I like, I view the web page in print form by clicking the link "Printable Broucher" at the top right (in realestate.com.au).
Then I print to pdf, if you don't have this installed the default windows program would possably do fine.
Then save this as a file in a folder, perhaps called after the suburb etc.
Then in the your spread sheet at the end of a row where I have typed out quick reference infomation I add a "hyperlink" to the saved broucher from the web site.
To do this highlight the cell where you wish the hyperlink to go.
Then right click, this gives you a pop up menu.
On this click Hyperlink.
This gives a box to chose where you wish to link this cell to, it can be anything and anywhere. You can link it to another cell or sheet in the same spread sheet, another spread sheet, Web pages to.
So I type the address for the folder and then the web page broucher I saved (My Documents/Investments/Logan/Railway st.pdf - for an example) .
It is just a convenient way of keeping info in one easy to reference place.
Only trouble is if you move this folder, you need to change the hyperlink address also.
Another way is to add more sheets to the spread sheet, right click the sheet 1 or 2 or 3 at the bottom, click insert, the copy the broucher and click cell A1 and paste it there. Then right click the sheet tag again and give it a name and or colour. This makes for a large spread sheet if you have many properties, but keeps it all in one place for easy of backing up.
I hope this helps.

Ps
Glad I didn't ofend.
[/QUOTE]

For those who uses Firefox as their browser, there is a nifty plug-in called scrapbook. With a click of a button it will capture webpages which gives you a snapshot of an ad at a particular point in time. When I see a new listing, I immediately capture it. This way not only you can track how long the ad is up, often times you can even pick up changes the agents make to the listing, which sometimes can give good insights

http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/

I've seen places that have been listed for a long time all of a sudden appear at the top of the list sorted by Latest Listings. I think the agents do it to get fresh lookers.

I think I know what you want to do, look for some places that people aren't looking at any more to try some low-ball offers.

Hi all
Here is one thing I can't find via the search feature.
When surfing through the forsale setions on Domain or realestate.com, is there a way to see what the date was when the add was placed?
I guess that it is something the agents would want to keep to them selves, in case it may make them, and/or the property, look bad.
Be nice to know so it can be used as an added tool for searching through possabilitys quickly. The closest thing is "NEW", but that is just typicaly for the one agent, and next add could well be the same place for another agent.
Any hints?

If you know any friendly REA's who access the ON THE MARKET feature through RPDATA this shows you the marketing history for individual properties for sale- pure gold.

If not, just be aware of a few things ie: no of visits isn't always accurate, as stale properties can be relisted with new agents, and claim to be NEW LISTINGS - not false advertising but you have no idea it's already been for sale with Agents A B and C already for 9mths.

Time on the market also doesn't always mean the seller is more motivated. I know several properties who've merely "tested" the market and owners who've been absolute bulldogs when it came to prices; in the end, they become properties you need to ignore as the vendors are totally unrealistic about price. Nothing much can change some sellers, not even smooth talking conditioning agents :)

Depending on where the property is, I may be able to help- shoot me a PM and I'll look it up if I have the access.

Just looking at domain.com you could maybe look at the adid in the url

adid=2007162722

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/pro...rver=Emails&s_cid=HomeAlert:NSW&haprof=937158

I am assuming each time an ad is created, this number is incremented and it seems to be from a quick bit of research I did. 2007 does not seem to refer to the year which I though it might.

So you could look to see what new ones are currently set to and see what your add in particular is set to and do some rough calculation based on that.

Of course you need to make an assumption as to the number of new adds per day and then work backwards

Updating ads I would guess would not add to this number as they will use the same adid that was assigned when originally created.

If you want a particular suburb, I search for it, then when it lists 4,5 6 whatever pages, I start at the last page. Often when I ring about these though, the agent says oh no, thats now sold, or the vendor has taken it off the market

Probably the simplest way of determining the date the ad was created is to right click on the picture of the ad and select "Properties" it will give you the date the picture was put into place which is also the time the ad was created, I guess.

Back