How to get rid of a bad tenant

I just read this in the Adelaide Advertiser newspaper and thought some of you may have felt this way in the past when dealing with bad tenants.

"A New York landlord accused of trying to kill a tenant with a bomb has been indicted on attempted murder. The tenant lost a leg in the blast.
Prosecutors said yesterday that Yung Tang wanted Israel Halberstam dead because the tenant owed him $106,000."

Sadly, it will take several similar such incidents before the idiots who make the Tenancy Laws and give the tenants so much lee-way with YOUR properties before anything changes to level the playing field a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if the recent increases in rents and tightening of the market were attributed partly to many investors having a gut-full of bad tenants ruining their investment dreams, and simply off-loading the properties to owner-occupiers, making less rental properties available.

We can only hope.

When I started reading the paragraph, I thought it would be the situation you often see on TV.

The LL's in big buildings in NY trying to kick out (and in some shows kill) the tenant who has been there for 30yrs in a rent controlled apartment, whilst the rest of the building around them has gone co-op.

So the LL has to sit there collecting his (?) $800 per month, not being able to do anything with the apartment that's worth $2M.

Back